Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the Second Trimester

Hi - my legs get sore at the top where they join the rest of your body, they did the first pregnancy and now this one.

I've also had three migraines in the last month which the doctor said could be hormone related. I'm not as tired as I was in the beginning.

I'm also snoring, but that could be from the cold I have as well.

Barb.

Hi I just tried to post a new topic but it wouldn't let me, so Im posting in here. Im just wondering when everyone started feeling bub move and kick. Im on No2 and I can't recall with DD, but they say the 2nd is earlier.

Im at that stage where I don't look or feel particularly pregnant, now that m/s has cleared, and I want some action!! It's a really odd feeling because up until last week I felt sick constantly, and now I just feel fat and that's it. So im wanting some more proof and I love the kicking it's my absolute favourite part!! Thanks xo

as for bub kicking, im on my 1st preg, 21 weeks and only just felt it for the 1st time at 20 weeks!

2nd tri symptoms for me:

pimples all over chest and back - yuk!

tired - still!!

emotional

and for the 1st time i woke yesterday with the most painful cramp in my calf - oh it was agony!! hope this doesnt keep up!!

Linda

Just in the last week, whenever I turn over at night, if it's too quickly, I get a stitch like feeling down my sides (whichever side I've turned onto). Has anyone else had this?

not really a stitch for me, but often my back cracks! dont know what the stitch pain is from,

Linda

It is definitely strectching pains, am used to them now and have learnt to turn slowly and take it a bit easier!! Another problem I have is waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep for a good 2 hours. Absolute nightmare!

I definately understand the skin rash/reaction thing. I had a major pregnancy emotional blowout about a week ago and ended up in tears. About 1/2hr later I had come out in a pimple like rash all over my back and sides. Stress related apparently but goes to show how much things change when you're pg. I never used to react like that to a bit of stress.

Not sleeping much, or very lightly is annoying me. SOOOO hard when you're just mega tired and only get 5 quality hours out of a 9hr sleep. *sigh*

angel_eyes Guest

My two main symptoms are pimples & tiredness.

It seems that every time I look in a mirror I have another pimple :-s

I find I have to go to bed @ 9.30pm every night

If I have an empty stomach I get a little queasy so I just make sure I eat all the time :-)

For me its been:

Hormonal
    Pelvic instability clicking has increased
    Tiredness
    Hunger (but can't fit much in)
    Baby movement
    Cramps in legs when I move too quickly in bed
    Able to feel strong bloodflow
    Queasy when stomach is empty & I have been hungry too long

Linda just wanted to say quickly, have you been checked for pelvic instability, my pelvis & lower back clicks when I turn over in bed and its due to the pelvic instability. Whilst it may not have caused you much grief this pregnancy (or it may have I don't know LOL) if its left unattended post birth it can be worse next pregnancy. I learnt this the hard way as I wasn't given any post natal exercises or care for it and this time its way worse. Anyway could be off the beaten track, but your "cracks" sound like my "clicks" iykwim?

*hugs*
    Cailin

becstar44 Guest

I've had a variety of those symptoms already mentioned, but another one that I couldn't find mentioned was blocked ears! In the last3 weeks I have been waiting for them to clear up, because it is a REALLY irritating feeling, but it is still hanging around. Anyone else suffered from this?

Lowla Guest

I have had lots of nose bleeds and bloody gums too!

IU also have my continued rah from first tri (which isn't suppose to begin untiul 3rd tri!!) i think it is called PUPPS...I am hoping it does not get any worse! i stoill have m/s and other 1st tri stuff too!! Lot's of 'wetness' too!!! no one tells u about that before bcoming pg! :-s

Is having mild period like cramps normal? :-s

Lowla Guest

Susan,
    I am pretty sure it is very common! So do not fret. I think it is our uterus strecthing and growing to make room for bubs! I have been having quite a few of these too and I freaked ou tth 1st time....as long as the cramp are not bad and are not followed by blood it is ok. If u are concerned talk to ur dr though!

HTH!

Aww thanks for the reassurance. Nah they werent severe, just like a toothache really!

Lowla Guest

NP Susan....glad they are not too bad! Hoep ur pg comtinues to be healthy!

Ok, another paranoia question for you all....swelling. My feet have started to blow up like baloons! Any suggestions? Is this something to worry about? Help!

Hi Susan,

It may be nothing but I'd say best get it checked out JIC. Things like excessive swelling, high BP, etc can be signs of pre-eclampsia I think, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

All the best!

here we go!!!!

Nausea
    peeing more at night
    heartburn/reflux
    stuffy nose & nose bleeds
    pain in lower abdomin when sneezing
    headaches above eyes
    constipation
    heightened sense of smell
    heavy breasts
    tiredness but have trouble sleeping