Thread: Pressure down there......

Default Pressure down there......

Hi,

Just hoping others have had this. I am feeling pressure on the outside of my vagina, which sort of makes me need to walk with a limp so it doesn't hurt as much. It is mainly when the pressure is on my right leg. I have pushed hard on the outside and no pain at all, it is only when I walk and bend at certain angles. I do feel a bit stiff today because I woke up cold this morning, but this pressure and funny feeling has just started and really quickly.

any ideas to reassure me.

thanks in advance

Hi still hoping - i had this for a little while too - although it has stopped now. I don't know what it was from though - sorry.

Shontelle75 Guest

Hi,

I am glad you posted - I have been having the same thing! Same leg too. I find it especially sore when I go to get out of the car or bed or am putting my knickers on (anything really that results in my weight being distributed unevenly) I end up hobbling around like an old lady for a while afterwards.

I have no idea what it is, but like you I can't provoke it by poking around. I have an appointment on the 1st of May with my midwife and will ask her and report back.

Cheers,
    Shontelle xx

I've got it too.... I think mine may be the beginning of SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) since i had it in my first pregnancy. I looked it up on google and the symptoms matched but my ob at the time never told me what it was he didnt see it as being important even tho it was affecting me in every day activities.
    I hope yours goes away like JazMum's did. Best of luck!

How did you go at your appt Shontelle? Hope they could shed some light on it for you. It has gone away for now, and I only really had it that one night, so I hope it isn't what you described Nell. I suppose it is just one of those 'pregnancy' things that I will have to get used to. Always something isn't there!!!!!

thanks everyone, just knowing that others have had the similar feelings, makes me feel better.

Hello, Yes I get this! It's the start of your pelvis becoming unstable. I've been seeing the physio as it gets quite bad on occasion (and I've started to waddle like I'm 8 mths pregnant) and there are all sorts of things you should be doing to prevent it from getting worse.

Shontelle what you say about getting out of the car and putting knickers on says pelvic instability loud to me! They are two things specifically mentioned by the physio (sit down to put pants and shoes on, and get in and out of the car with your knees together). Also other things like avoiding carrying heavy stuff and avoiding steps where possible.

Take care ladies, you don't want it to get any worse! If you're concerned, skip the dr and head straight for the Physio dept at the hossy where you're planning to give birth.

Shontelle75 Guest

Hello again!

I had my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife said that it was from the baby lying sideways with her head and hands down and that the pain/strange sensation came from her "playing" with my uterus/cervical area.

So now I'm not so worried about SPD. I can put up with the discomfort knowing that it probably won't get much worse and if I have to waddle and limp a bit then so be it.

Maybe your baby was in a similar position and now it's moved and that's why you're not feeling it anymore.

Happy incubating ladies!