Thread: pulsating belly

Default pulsating belly

Hi
    I am now 14 weeks and for the past 2 weeks when i lie on my back my belly pulsates. I cant feel anything i can just see it. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Sara

Hi Sara,
    Yes i get the pulsating aswell. I didnt notice it till i was 30ish weeks tho....
    I dont know what it is. sorry i wasnt much help. LOL

I think it is just your pulse - check by taking your heart beat on your neck at the same time and see if they pulse simultaneously.
    I also felt/saw it around that time...remember that your blood is being pumped through the placenta to feed the baby so your heart works harder and this might explain the deeper pulsating (?)

mine does this all the time. i can see it and feel it. its definately my pulse.

I get the same and I am fairly sure it is my pulse/hb

I also get this and have done for a little while. I think it is my own pulse too.
    Physio and Midwife told me not to lie on my back after 20 weeks (I think?) and said it was something to do with a big artery in the back and babys weight can squash it which is why you might feel your pulse very strongly or feel faint when lying on back. I cant lie on my back now because I get tingly in my arms and legs.

I get it too & I think it's your pulse. I'm amazed how strong my pulse is when pg!!! Amazing!!