Thread: The quickening!!!!

Default The quickening!!!!

Can some one please explain what this is????

The quickening is your bodys reaction when you are aware of the baby moving for the first time. A lot of women get it in thier sleep and have no idea it has even happened. It is quite common to feel faint and sick and it is reported that some women actually vomit. It does not mean that you will feel your baby moving full on straight after the quickening more likely you will feel it moving more gradually getting bigger more frequent movement as time goes on. It has been described as feeling bubbles popping or a butterfly feeling in your lower tummy and is commonly mistaken for gas. I read in a book that women tend to feel hungry and a grumbly tummy sensation. I hope this helps
    Have a great day
    Mel

Yes, i definatley felt like I wanted to vomit and very light headed the first time I felt movement.

Thank goodness I am not as weird as I thought at the time!

The first time i ever felt DD kick it was a full on kick. I was 16 weeks and it was my first bub, so bit earlier than most. But i never had butterflies or 'bubbles'

I thought i had movement the other day - but i might not of had!! I spose i will know as soon as it really does start kicking and stuff