Thread: Really worried now

Default Really worried now

For two days I have had a toothache form hell, and my doc told me to take panadiene forte and that it would not harm the baby at all. I then rang the dentsist and she said the same thing, as they can't touch my tooth while infected, and that the pain killer would not hurt bubba.

Is this true becuase I have been taking it for two days now, but I can still feel the baby moving aorund heaps?

Tooth is slowly getting better by the way!

Love and Light,
    Soul

Im not sure on the panadine forte, although its good news that your tooth is on the mend!! Sorry for the lack of info.
    Jen

Hi Soul,
    You can take Panadiene Forte as long as you don't go over the recommended dosage. I would drop down to Panadiene and then Panadol as soon as possible though. Glad to hear its getting better!

I was told the same thing. Panadol and codine are safe you just can't take anti-inflamatories like nurofen (sp?) Something I was told for toothaches while pg is to gargle with salt and baking soda in warm water - tastes gross but apparently helps infection.

I have also heard that you can put the panadol (tablet not capsule) on the tooth and that will give you some relief. I dont know if it true though.

Hi,

I have just been through this myself about 6 wks ago. I got really sick with the flu and was in hospital, i also had a lung infection and fluid on the lung. They gave me panadiene forte to give me some relief from all the coughing as the codeine suppresses coughs. My body was also aching all over so they gave it to me for this also. I cant beleive i wasnt allowed cough medicine but i was allowed panadeine forte!!!!!

So, yes it is fine to take. My baby stayed very active despite having a very tired and relaxed mum. I didnt take the 2 tablets i was meant to take each time though, i only took 1 each time and i only took them for about 2 or 3 days.

I remember being as apprehensive as you though.

chelleg Guest

Hi Soul! Panadiene Forte is fine in pregnancy. I notice that you're in NSW so if you're ever unsure about any medication -prescription, over the counter or even herbal preparations - you can call mothersafe. They run out of the Royal Womens Hospital and can provide 100% accurate and up to date information on just about every drug or preparation known to man!! It's a toll free number. I probably can't post the number but if you google 'mothersafe' it should come up with a link to RWH and scroll down and there will be a link to mothersafe. I always write the number on womens antenatal records - is very useful to have!

Panadeine forte is fine. Do not take any more than 8 tablets in 24 hours

Just remember that the higher you go in the panadol range (ie from panadol, to panadiene to panadiene forte) the codiene increases, and so will your risk of constipation.
    Something that just isn't needed on top of everything else!
    I try to save panadiene for when I'm relaly, really, poorly.

Panadiene forte is something they use in hospitals after you have had a baby and need a strong pain relief.
    You have nothing to worry about. If i use them i only take 1 at a time and then cut back to see how bad the pain is and then use panadol.

Soul - Panadeine Forte is a category A drug. It is safe in pregnancy so please don't worry any more. As with all drugs it's best to try not to take it for too long. By now you could probably keep the pain at bay with some Panadol or Panadeine.
    Toothache is miserable. Thinking of you...

Ditto what everyone has said about Panadeine etc.

You can always use the old fashioned method of rubbing a clove (herb) on the gum/keeping it in your mouth near the ache. It should work like a anaesthetic (sp?)