Thread: A roll of Mylanta a Day

Default A roll of Mylanta a Day

Ok so I just want to whinge, I have had the worse heartburn of my life for the last 2 months and it hurts and I am sick of it. Is it safe to take that much Mylanta anyway? Ok I feel better now.

Ask your doc - mine is muttering about aluminium levels.

Try drinking milk if you can stomach it (as close to full cream as you can) as that settles the tummy a bit. I've found drinking milk before tea, and then after tea helps. And not lying down after eating.

I agree with kazbah, try milk. I had dreadful heartburn, 24/7 during my pregnancy, and although my dr said mylanta was ok, I wasn't comfortable taking it so often. I'd drink a glass of milk before and after each meal and just before going to bed. It always helped with mine.

I was given drinkable Gaviscon, it tasted like mintie salt & I almost vomited each time I had to take it... But I also was having dinner at 4pm which would be a slice or 2 of dry plain toast & a glass of milk afterwards & I still suffered from severe heartburn!!!

So I'd ask about the Mylanta & myabe ask for something a bit stronger????

Good Luck, I am not looking forward to it this time either!!!
    If it aint MS, it's heartburn, back & hip ache & sleeplessness!!

The joys!!!!

I do the milk thing too and I still need Mylanta on top of that, even if I avoid the foods that cause it I still get it. I wonder just how hairy this baby is going to be lol. Fist it was the MS and I still get it occasionally and the back ache has started too, I just spent lunch sitting on the kitchen floor crying about how miserable I am and how am I going to go through 3 more pregnancies, my poor boyfriend I don't know how he puts up with me. I will talk to my midwife when I see her in Jan and see what she recommends, I don't see the Dr until the end of Feb now

Sarah, I know exactly how you feel... I am having 24/7 seasickness nausea!
    As you can see both my girls are & were hairy little gorilla's!
    The good thing about pregnancy is you get a precious amazinbg baby to hold in your arms it instantly wipes the memory bank of all the bad pregnancy bit's.... So we forget about all of the MS, Nausea, cramps, aches, pains, heartburn, vomiting, constant uriantion, lack of sleep etc, etc!!!
    Which enables us to have more babies!!!

Sorry darl it doesnt get much better til bub's is here but I gurarantee with all my herat it is worth it!!!

chelleg Guest

Sarah, i always tell all the women i see, and i've posted it on here a few times, try Fruit Tingles. Secret midwives cure

I bought fruit tingles. And DH ate them all.

Oooooooo What are fruit tingles? I have never heard of them before. Oh I just asked my boyfriend and he knows what they are, I will get some today if I can. I just don't want to miss Australia win the ashes!

Ok I just got 3 rolls and I ate one of them already.

chelleg Guest

Hope they help! And even if they don't, at least they taste good

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Chewable Quick Eze was my best friend, I tried mylanta and Rennie's but the Quick Eze worked the best for me. I think sometimes it works on but then you need to up the ante and either swap or go for something stronger. Your doctor will be able to suggest something, maybe gaviscon or zantac if it's fairly severe.

I wish i knew about fruit tingles!! I doubt i would've gotten to eat any, like kazbah my DH would've eaten them all... they're his fav!! At least i know that for next time, thanks

I never knew there was such a thing as fruit tingles until chelleg mentioned them now I am hooked on them and eat a roll in 10 minutes hehe they are very tasty, they remind me of a candy I used to eat back in Canada.

Yep Quickeze did help a little more than mylanta and rennie for me too. I avoided anything starchy and spicy and slept elevated. Ahhhh the joys - i hated my heartburn reflux as i spent the first 5 months of my 1st preg spewing from m/s and the last spewing when i'd bend over at all from reflux *sigh* - oh and my girl was as bald as it comes - lol!!!!!!!!! Hope the fruit tingles help - i'll be trying them this time around

I was a quick eze girl too but Fruit Tingles are sooooo much nicer! I will be trying that too this time around.

Ewww gas! I have luckily not suffered any from eating the fruit tingles. I am still hooked on them and my boyfriend is too, I now have to share the roll with him.