Thread: Round ligament pain

Default Round ligament pain

I was wondering, for those who are/did experience round ligament pain, what did it feel like?

Was it painful? How long did it last ie. minutes, hours or days?

I have had a pain in my left side between my hip bone and uterus. It has not stop since yesterday afternoon. Actually, the only time it has stopped was when I woke up this morning (after a very restless sleep) with a full bladder. As soon as I emptied it, it started hurting again.

I am guessing that it is the ligaments stretching but not sure as I don't know because of it's persistance.

My obs does not work today and neither does my GP (just my luck) so I thought I'd ask here first before acting any further.

Please help!!!!!!!

Thanks

lindie Guest

Hi Nadine,
    I am wondering if this is what im suffering from also im 12 weeks and was so concerned that something was wrong couldnt get in to see my OBGYN and could only see my normal GP and he said there was a heart beat etc.. and not too worry just growth??? Then OBGYN called and said that maybe ligament pain if it continued today to go in? another $150 for a short answer so its now 10ish and im seeing if it gets too bad whether to go in but kids on school holidays is really putting me off, Read so preggy mags to see (DONT DO THAT CAUSES U MORE STRESS DONT OVERREAD!!!) LOL!!!!!! so now I wonder if that is what it is? Also girlfriend had me paranoid it was miscarriage (NO BLEEDING?) so im just wondering??
    Lindie

Lindie- I am almost 19 weeks. I emailed the obs that delivered me and he said that it is ligament pain.

My obs told me at my 10 week appointment that cramping, tugging, pulling, stabbing, all those aches are normal as long as there is no bleeding. He said that afterall, there is a baby growing in there.

Also I emptied my bowels earlier (sorry TMI) and the pain stopped, so i am thinking maybe I was blocked up and it made the pain worse.........

Bub is still kicking nice and often so I am not so concerned now.

If you are worried, maybe you should go in and see your obs (I'd rather spend the money and have peace of mind)!!!!

Let me know how it goes

lindie Guest

Thanks Nadine,
    Just jumped off the phone to OBGYN and hes really busy all day today but if there is a bigger drama or I just cant live with myself anymore to come in!!LOL knows me well.
    He says same its all pretty fine with no bleeding and its prolly just growth and not too worry. Hes pretty certain there is nothing wrong and its just ligament pain.

Its been so long since i had my daughter that you forget these things that are just day to day and normal and focus on the negitives that are could be wrong. but its pretty annoying when am moving around and goes when im lying down so OBGYN still recons ligament pain?

Thanks Lindie

I've had it on my right side on and off from 12 weeks till about 26 weeks, then it stopped for a while and has just started again... to me it feels like a stitch, but can happen even when lying/resting... no rhyme or reason to when it hurts. I saw pregnancy physio about it and she said it's just growing and pelvis loosening which causes it - not much you can do about it. ](*,)