Thread: Running out of room

Default Running out of room

I am seeing my OB on thursday, just wondered your thoughts.

seems like bubs is running out of room way too fast! i am sitting at my desk at work, and my breasts are resting on my stomach because my stomach has got quite large! Jackson is kicking and the are that he is kicking is actually touching my breasts that is how high it is.

Is this normal? when i sit down i get a real constricting feeling around my ribs like they are being completely squished. i am only 25.5 weeks, how can there be any more room in there for the next 12 weeks (having caesar)

I know exactly where you are coming from!!

Maybe Jackson is stretching out while he can!!!!!

Trust me, there is room and you will probably start going out more now.

Best wishes

Yep very normal - I got so big that my husband had to do my shoes up, push me out of bed, help me out of my chair, had to sit with my legs appart because my belly was out to my knees and quite low!!!

But hey all you can do is go with it. Hang in there - try to find the positives - how wonderful that you get such a clear feeling from him kicking. I just got "muscle twitches"!

You're doing great!

thanks shwerils for that positive post, made me feel better!

his kicks are really strong, I just felt his foot i am sure, i was massaging quite strongly just under my rib, and just as i pressed he kicked and it felt like i almost grabbed it, little bugger!

i think chloe has run out of room now too, as i can feel her pushing against my ribs and sides feels like shes trying to break free

the other dya i couldnt bend over at all becuase it felt like there was a stick between my thigh and chin because i couldnt move sa she was right there

take care
    Lesley

colleeg Guest

Min,
    maybe i have the opposite problem, my boobs are resting on my tummy at my desk, but the baby is very low. I only feel his kicks down low never up the top- and im nearly 26 weeks????
    is this weird?
    Colleg

Scarlett Guest

Know exactly what you mean and suprisingly there is enough room. I was asking myself how I was going to manage but have discovered you can come up with some pretty interesting ways of getting out of bed/putting on shoes/ picking suff up when you need to.

hmm, ok, well i guess we all go through this then, this is my 1st PG so it is all new to me.

Coleeg, i wouldnt worry about your situation, you are feeling movement and that is the main thing. my kicks started off low too, now they are anywhere and everywhere!

There is plently of room - bubs will go out and your stomach will go out more. I've had the kicks under the ribs and ouch don't they hurt!

Then you drop a bit and all you can feel is their head (or feet) hitting your groin - now that out pleasant but at least you can breathe!

I swear bubs is going to jump right out of my stomach sometimes!

Yeah, it's hard to believe that there's room for them to keep growing in there... but the miracle of it is that they can. And isn't it the best thing! (Most of the time! LOL)

Cheers,

Rachel

I too thought that I couldn't get any bigger, and well i did! I was HUGE though. Before i got pregnant, around my tummy was measuring 30 inches. 4 days before i had her, it was measuring 54 inches!! I thought i was going to pop! But i lasted a week after my EDD. When I layed down at the hospital so the midwife could check the position of the baby, my tummy looked like the shape of a mountain. She was in total shock, her mouth hanging open and everything. She couldn't believe how big i was. It was so funny.

yeah tegan, i can remember your pics on your website when the were on there, and your belly did get to be quite out there, was almost like lily was in there sideways! LOL! must feel wierd to be back to normal belly?

Yeah it does feel weird min. Especially when i can't feel her moving around all the time. But boy is sooo much easier to do everything. I was to the point where i couldn't sit down to eat! I had to stand at the kitchen table coz i was too uncomfortable to sit down. The thing i found most terrible though was trying to sit down at a place like Subway or Maccas. My belly just would not fit between the chair and table! They need to cater for larger and pregnant women in those places!

LOL at not fitting in the seats Tegan, I am finding I shut my stomach in the cupboards and fridge a lot!

saw OB last night, he said that Jackson is definately a bit squished in there but is no drama. I am just so small that he is right under my BB's and ribs. he had a good feel and said he is normal size, and he has turned so all is good, just uncomfortable.

man was i sore after the poking and the prodding though, further along i get the more it hurts when he feels my uterus, Jackson hates it too, he kicks him every time!

I too felt sore after being poked and prodded.

Before pregnancy, I never really had a waist. The space between the bottom of my ribs and my hip bone was about 1.5 inches! Then at about 8 months pregnant it was well over 3 inches. That how far up my ribs were pushed by Lily. Now it's about 2 inches space between. It was really bizarre. For the first time, i actually had a waist...of some sort, lol.