Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Seafood Buffet at Marriott O.K.?

Default Is Seafood Buffet at Marriott O.K.?

We have been given a seafood buffet voucher at the marriott off an old friend. Do you think it would be o.k. for me to eat? I'm hoping that you say yes, of course I would stay clear of the cold seafood, but do you think the hot seafood would be o.k? I'm hoping they might have other food aswell. Just curious what you all thought? Do you think I should be o.k. if I only eat the hot stuff?

The only way I'd eat it if it was piping hot & being on a buffet I would think it would be warm rather than hot.

Damm it, that's what I thought, I think it was just wishful thinking that made me delusional there for awhile. Can't use it after bubs is born either, it expires in May.

I believe that the Marriott buffet has a variety of foods (even on their seafood nights). Give them a call and check that there are lots of other options.

Buffet ... yum ... enjoy!

pint Guest

When I read this, I felt like jumping into the buffet. Oh how I miss my seafood esp sushi.
    Back to the question, I would say "no" to the buffet. Sorry

When I deliver my husband has been instructed to buy me 2 sushi platters.

Pint, first day coco was born, DH bought me in sushi!! I was SO hanging for it!!!

I used to work at a Hotel on the Gold Coast (I won't say which one ) and I would NEVER have eaten their buffet Sea Food or not whilst pregnant. You just can't be too careful There should be other options but you should probably steer clear of the salad too.

It's a good idea to see if you can change to an A La Carte restaurant (if they have one) although they'll probably put a price limit of the buffet on though.

Good luck!

yep Dh has a list for my hospital platter too:
    Ham, Salami, Mortadella, Prosciutto, Feta, Bocconcini, Smoked Salmon, prawns, and a HUGE soft serve ice cream

I've been easting sushi during my pregnancy (just not with fish in them). Is the seaweed risky during pregancy?

i forgot to add Sushi to my platter! thanks shanny

And yes yum cha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seventh_heaven View Post
    I've been easting sushi during my pregnancy (just not with fish in them). Is the seaweed risky during pregancy?
    I too have been eating sushi...especially Sushi train Labrador & Mr Sushi Ashmore....

I steer clear of anything raw. As the nori rolls are dried and sealed fresh I can't see a big problem in them. But can't see a problem with Cooked Chicken, and Tuna Salad sushi.

I just ensure the places I eat at are very busy with a high turnover of fresh made sushi.

If anyone has any ideas or warnings about cooked Sushi rolls not raw...can you help us.

I ate it all through my second pregnancy..even whilst I was waiting for my contractions to start ..... I just don't eat Raw Sushi.

Help me too

Jac

Cooked rice is a big problem with regards to listeria-- thats why sushi of all kinds should be avoided. The cooked chicken ones are VERY bad as they have been cooked and then cooled

Oh my goodness...Thanks so much for telling me Danni. I will curve my cravings and aim them somewhere else. WOW. Jac

Danni careful you don't make yourself sick on that lot

Your all making me hungry. I am hanging for some salami and soft serve ice cream.

wanna come and share with me Sammi??

i am drooling at the idea, I CANT WAIT

summ_mum Guest

My mouth is watering entirely!

I just looked up this link:

link removed

(i'm not particularly computer literate so that link may not work but if it does it's a great little note from the australian and new zealand food standards about listeria and foods to avoid when pregnant).

things like that always put my mind at ease!

and it basically tells you to avoid buffets! sorry
    Last edited by Lea13; March 21st, 2007 at 02:31 PM.

That's hilarious because my DH has also been instructed to bring me a big platter of salmon and avocado sushi straight after birth! The hospitals must see plenty of empty sushi trays! I will probably eat a whole camembert aswell whilst drinking a glass of Chardonnay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast