Thread: Second time and bigger quicker?

Question Second time and bigger quicker?

HI

I was just wondering is it me but i seem to have got bigger quicker i'm not putting much weight on but have a nice size belly if you know what i mean i'm 22 weeks with #2 and i was this size at #6 1/2 months with #1

Does anyone else have this ?

I guess not

I was showing before 4 weeks with this pg. DH told me to do a HPT because he could see I was pg. And I'd had other people say "Oh, you're pregnant again" before I even knew! I am now 31 weeks and have been bigger than I was at the end with Jack for a few weeks now. Like Kate said, we're just pre-stretched!

Oh yeah difinitely the case with me. I am currently at 33 wks and the same additional weight and belly girth as I was with DD at 38 wks....
    My braxton hicks have come earlier and are more intense too. I told my ob and he told me that given the bh then my after birth contractions may well be more painful too...arrgggghhhh
    Best of luck.....what a wonderful journey to be experiencing againg

xox_jessie_xox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Magic
    Oh yeah difinitely the case with me. I am currently at 33 wks and the same additional weight and belly girth as I was with DD at 38 wks....
    My braxton hicks have come earlier and are more intense too. I told my ob and he told me that given the bh then my after birth contractions may well be more painful too...arrgggghhhh
    Best of luck.....what a wonderful journey to be experiencing againg

i never even knew there was after birth contractions:eek:

Sorry - I'll be the kill joy and say I'm only just starting to show - about the same time as I did last time!
    I felt kicks earlier, and movements have already started being visible on the outside, but I can safely say I only "popped" about 3 days ago - so about 23w for me.
    I'm happy cause it means I didn't need preggie clothes straight away, although I did get sick of the no tummy comments.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I definately got bigger second time round. I started to show alot sooner. By the end of my second pregnancy I was noticeably bigger. I have a pic of my tummy the day before my son was born and a pic of my tummy the morning my daughter was born and there was quite a bit of difference.

Zeet Guest

Sorry to say but i am actually smaller. This is will be my 3rd baby. I was HUGE with the first but had a healthy pregnancy. Second time around was sick until 18 weeks and half the size and at 6 months i looked 3 months. This time i am extremely sick and it has only just stopped needless to say i am 25 weeks and a lot smaller than second time around. I have people asking my husband if he actually thinks i am pregnant, his response is ' If the kids didn't kick me in the back all night then I too would think she was lying.' It has been rather difficult to deal with. I mean it is nice that I am not overly big but it is hard to deal and am gettting a bit sick of constantly having to re asure people i am instead of enjoying the complements. I would LOVE to have a belly right now!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It is common to show quicker as everything is stretched and been there before - so you show more and can look bigger. Of course, there can be other factors, like the size of the baby, position - but it doesn't mean it is abnormal or a problem in a healthy pregnancy. This is also why second babies often dont engage until labour begins as there is more space in there to bop in and out of your pelvis
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

with my first, I was about 4 months before I started to look pregnant. With this one, I was struggling to hide it from about 9 weeks! I am now 12 weeks, and thank goodness, we are telling everyone this week!

Jo

Chloe - 6/4/00
    Jasmyn - 11/8/00
    Due 21/3/07

Thank God I am not the only one. This is my second pregnancy but we sadly lost our twin daughters at 22 weeks last July and I have since struggled to lose all of the weight. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and was wondering if I was just fat or that I was already beginning to show. I think I will tell myself that I have just popped earlier.

Linda

I have popped out too, and its only 9 weeks along for me too. Actually like Kate, I think I have been showing for a couple of weeks. First time round I didn't pop until 4 months.

So good to hear! I am only 14 wks and people are (nicely) commenting on my belly but I am embarrassed to say I'm only 14wks! Have to say, least I am getting the wear out of my maternity clothes :-)

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

I have a bit of a pot belly, i have had to go to maternity gear already.. Im really looking forward to the first movement. I lay there at night holding my tummy waiting for something, but at 14 weeks it may be a bit early i guess.