Thread: setting up nursery

Default setting up nursery

hi everyone
    I had a random thought the other day and am now very worried that this baby will come early and I will not have anything for it (I know Im a drama queen lol) But then I have bouts of its stupid to buy too much cos it will just sit in a room for months.
    When do you think is ok to buy things and set up the nursery?
    It kinda seems silly to have the nursery set up for a couple of months before my edd but then some people have their babys a month early and I want to be organised for once in my life!
    Thanks for listening to me ramble
    xox

I really got into it at around 28 weeks. Making the most of my motivation before the third trimester really started to kick in.

I began getting the big things in place, and setting it up. All the washing and that I did around 36 weeks. You get the last bit of motivation just before you go into hospital they like to call it "nesting". Thats when a full term pregnant woman is so frustrated with the hole thing, and is not working....results to cleaning everything that does and doesnt move in her house!

This time Madi will be sharing her room with Bubba so its not that big of a job for us.
    Around 28 weeks I will begin to put the furniture in place. 32 - pack hospital bag JIC.
    35 ensure I have a supply of nappies and wipes in the change table. As well as a few suits and socks etc. The rest of the pretty bits will just fall into place.

Goodluck...

I was about 25 weeks when i got all the big stuff like cot,change table etc. and then got the rest in dribs and drabs! We picked up our pram about 4 weeks ago and our car seat a week ago - so it has been kind of a work in progress. Also if you are planning on laybying (sp?) things then you want to account for that time too and actually its not a bad idea. I bought it all outright so it was all sitting there doing nothing for quite a while!! Nice to look at though!
    I actually set up the nursery properly (rather than things just lying around!!) at about 32 weeks and am still in there fiddling with bits and pieces, changing blankets around etc. nearly every day - but thats more from boredom and excitement i guess!! Good luck!

we painted the room when i was 30 weeks and then furnished it about 32 weeks. i gathered that at 32 weeks we were pretty safe even if bubs came early and i didnt want the nursery to be a last minute rush. Thomas came 3 weeks early so i am glad we were organised.

All my family have had premmie babies by about 2 weeks so probably set up abt 28-30 weeks but with my grandparents it will probably be set up by about 18weeks lmao

We got all most of our stuff in about December.. I would have been around 30 weeks or so.

I say do it when you are motivated and have the energy to do it, trust me later on in your preggy it will be a pain in the butt to have to do it all.

Enjoy!!

thanks everyone
    I just wanted a bit of an idea so I know what im doing!!
    xox