Thread: Sharp occasional pain lower abdo on right side

Question Sharp occasional pain lower abdo on right side

Sorry to sound like a neurotic first time mum, but I'm just a bit worried.

I only ever seem to get pain on my right hand side, and it's just at the side of my pelvis just above the pubic bone. It comes and goes, but it is really sharp when it happens.

I'm worried, and can't get on to the obstetrician because he's on holidays.

Can someone please reassure me? I've not had any bleeding or anything else concerning.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Kylie, hun it does sound like ligament pains to me as well. I had them really severly when I was pregnant the first time.

Especially when I was walking I would have to stop and bend over it was that sharp. I think a couple of the girls in our BB group have had this recently too, umm maybe Floss?

I agree. sounds normal.

Yeah sounds like ligaments stretching to me. I get those frequently, especially if i've been more active, sneeze, laugh suddenly...

I also get those pains as well. Quite often maybe around 17 - 18 weeks, but, seem to have settled more now. I asked my obs, he said it was all normal

Hi there,

I have had the same thing for the last week or so.

I was worried about it and made a time to see my ob.

I went off to my obst yesterday and yes its confirmed for me anyway that it is round ligament pain.

It was v reassuring for me to go and see him so if you can manage to do so it might be worth seeing your obst/ midwife?

Good luck

Belinda.

*hugs* Kylie. I get it too - and always on the right side. I had an episode so bad when I was about 14 weeks that I couldn't breath properly and thought I was miscarrying. After talking to my Ob on the phone we established it was musculskeltal and/or ligaments. After about 24hrs that episode subsided. Last night I had another episode where I couldn't move my right arm at all because of the pain it would generate in my belly. In the end I sat down and made DH finish cooking dinner!

HTH hon. But definately call your Ob's office if you are concerned.

MG

I get this too, maybe once a week for the last month or so. Always on the L side.

Hmmm....I was getting that today! I was starting to think the worst LOL...I thought it was appendicitis pain... Its gone now so it must be normal!

I am getting the same sort of pains but am only 4 weeks preg, am really scared it's going to be an ectopic pregnancy... when do you start getting relaxin go thru your system? Sorry I know its not a 2nd trimester thing but the pain stuff is relavent