Thread: Sharp stabbing pain in boobs?

Default Sharp stabbing pain in boobs?

hi all
    for the past week or so Ive been getting a sharp stabbing pain in both my boobs, on the side and underneath, usually when I move, but sometimes it just does it...does anyone know what it could be? Something to do with the milk ducts developing or something lol?

Any advice would be great

Hey Skye,
    I dont know exactly what it is, but I had it with dd and now. Mind you my boobs are growing huge, so I am assuming its something to do with everything growing and expanding and getting ready for the milk to come in. Much like ligament pain in your tummy.

HTH

Melissa

I've had this too - it was a bit frightening and I was imagining breast cancer. Mentioned it to my ob and a breast check was done. Was told not to worry, that it was the milk ducts developing. Haven't had that pain since but the other day had a really sore aching nipple. Ouch. But that pain passed once I'd taken off the bra and was just wearing a cotton t-shirt.
    I'd mention it to your GP/ob to be safe. You can't be too careful with breasts, my doctor tells me!

Chippy Guest

I get that and I also get a sensation like someone is attacking my nipples with razorblades. It never lasts more than half an hour but man it hurts. My naturopath assures me that it's very normal.

i get the same pain on the odd occasion, lucky i was warned by my sister as to expect something like it because the first time i felt it it really hurt!

Thanks so much guys. It has been there all day and is getting worse!! It really hurts constantly now, only on the one breast. Hopefully it is normal!

I get it sometimes, i'd say its just from growing and milk ducts developing etc. i usually have a fairly warm shower so that usually soothes it otherwise it take my bra off and put on a maternity one (cause they have no bones)
    Hope it gets better for you, it has for me. But mention it to your doc next time just to be safe.

those damn pains..!!! mine seem to happen more in my right breast for some reason lol. They are normal and can get quite painful. but i think of it like this.. it wont last forever. Yep a nice warm (not hot) shower does seem to ease it for me till i get outa the shower lol.

Hope it gets better hun..

I got this too, but it seems to have stopped. I talked to my doctor and he actually had a name for it, but I didn't write it down and promptly forgot. He told me it's fairly normal and that for some women, if it's really bad, it can suggest that breast feeding will be very painful. So I told him thanks very much but that wasn't the answer I wanted