Thread: Shortness of breath...

Default Shortness of breath...

Is anyone else experiencing this pregnancy symptom.

Even sitting I am finding it hard to catch my breath.

I do have a cold as well, which isnt helping.

Hi Chrissy i have this problem i'am 11 weeks and short of breath just talking!!! asked my doc who said it has something to do with the diaphram (sp) and when breathing out to make sure you push your stomache/diaphram out, hope this helps

littlerigger Guest

The horrible thing is that it only gets worse as bub starts to press up further onto your lungs. There's only so much room in there for everything to fit.

Don't stress too much Chris, the bub takes up a lot of your energy to grow, so your body is working overtime even when you are doing nothing. It also has a lot to do with how you're sitting & how the baby is sitting. Try to make sure you sit with a straight back so the baby has plenty of room.

I read that at this stage is also has a lot to do with hormones and the capilaries in your lungs.

Woot for pregnancy!! LOL

I have this too - I have had it for a few weeks now. I get breathless sitting at my desk at work! lol the joys of pregnancy

HI Chrissy,

I am constantly short of breath and have a really tight feeling in my chest.
    Its really annoying but normal so dont worry.

i get puffed getting up from my desk at work and walking to the printer (at the next desk by the way)

xoxoxox

Chrissy, I felt like this in my first trimester - it was the most unfit I have ever felt in my life. I would get puffed from simply walking out to check the mail. My obst assured me that it is all normal though. It eased around the 16/17 week mark which I hope is some reassurance for you!

Only now I am starting to get that feeling back again, mainly when lying down and the baby is pressing against your lung.

Good luck with it all and I hope it eases soon for you.

merrie Guest

I am getting this too and I am only 18 and a half weeks.

I can't walk and talk at the same time which is annoying. Apart from this I feel very well though so I am not too concerned and yeh aparently it is a combination of hormones and that your heart is pumping faster in order to circulate blood to the baby.

It is really annoying isn't it.

mizzsocial Guest

I started getting this 2 weeks ago!! Very annoying!!

Doesnt help when you have a blocked nose!

How annoying is it to lay down in bed at night...get comfy then have to wait to get your breath back...LOL

Huffing and puffing simply laying in bed...now thats a first.