Thread: Should I Be Concerned?

Default Should I Be Concerned?

Hi girls

I'm just over 17 weeks pg (with #2) and have only felt bubs move several times over the last few weeks. I haven't really felt anything for the last 7-8 days though. Do you think it's still too early for any regular movement?

I called my local hospital yesterday (maternity ward) and they wont see me until I'm past 20 weeks

I just need some reassurance, kwim?

Thanks

Tigergirl1980 Guest

It's possible that he/she is just quiet, maybe he/she has moved and you just haven't noticed. Try drinking an icy drink and then lay down and concerntrate, try also giving her/she a gentle push. Try to relax though, I know easier said than done, but worrying won't help.

tinka Guest

Hey Rachel,
    I know exactly how you feel. I am just over 19 weeks and I havent felt bubs move at all yet. This is my first so maybe its just that I dont know what I am feeling....
    I wouldnt worry too much. You probably have a gentle little soul that doesnt want to hurt their mummy with lots of poking and proding.

I have my ultrasound in a few hours and I pray that my worry is all for nothing and the scan will show a healthy growing bubba.

Tink xx

Yes I agree with Bec. Maybe something sweet? Chocolate ? Any excuse, lol... Seroiusly though I didnt feel 'regular' movement until after 20 weeks and nothing at all until after 18 or 19.

Hi,

You still are at that point where daily movement doesnt always happen but i can definately understand your concerns.

Who do you see now? Can you get in to see them to see if you can have a mini scan or use the doppler to hear the heartbeat? If you go to a clinic at the hospital you should just be able to ring up and get an earlier appt. OB you should just be able to ring up and get in to see. Try ringing whoever you are in contact with and express your issues to them. Worrying wont do you any good.

Reassurance is the key i think.

catherine Guest

I didn't really have any movement until about 18 weeks and then it was only if I lay really still and concentrated......now I've got a party going on inside me! I think 17 weeks is still reasonably early to be feeling a lot of movement so try not to worry, soon bubs will be jumping around all day.

I wouldn't start stressing too soon. I think maybe a nice cup of coffee or a coke would bring on some baby jiggles if you really want them, but probably not a great idea
    Before you know it you will have a dancing belly that will keep you awake all hours of the night! A woman in my MG is pregnant, and a tiny little thing, very fit, at 20w she still hadn't felt any kicks. So it could be where the placenta is lying thats affecting the sensation of kicks. I think if its at the front you are less likely to feel the kicks so quickly.

Hi Rachel,

of course everybody is different, but I only just started feeling movement from my baby at 17 weeks, and in fact don't think I felt regular movement until after 25 weeks.

Bub's still has heaps of room to move in there, so bumping into to you is not something that happens too often just yet, soon it will be all the time & then you'll forget all this worry !!

Thanks everyone

I managed to get a scan yesterday and all is fine A HUGE relief!!

Thanks again

great news Rachel!

Hi,

Thats great!!!!!!!!!

I bet its a load off your mind. Always best to get checked so you can relax.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Glad that you mind has been put at ease