Thread: Should I be worried??

Default Should I be worried??

Not sure if I should panic or not, but, full story goes like this.
    Last night i went and did water aerobics for an hour, which i have been doing once or twice a week since i got preg. With no huge hassles.
    But last night when i got home, after dinner, i sneezed, and it HURT. Around my belly button area. I sneezed again, about couple sec later, and it Hurt even more. I went and had shower, and went to bed, but my tum was sore. Not mega bent up in pain sore, but, more ache sore.
    This morning, is still sore, but, sorta near belly button area, not bellow.
    Should i go to drs and get check up, or, could this be more i've just pulled a muscle at aerobics, and didnt realise. I do take it easy, and the instructers all know i am preg, and adjust what i do accordingly.
    What do you reckon?

During my PG with K I got sharp tummy pains whenever I sneezed. I asked my OB about it and he said it was totally normal. I learnt to kind of 'brace' myself whenever I felt a sneeze coming on and it definitely helps! If you are really concerned or in a lot of pain give your doc a call though.
    Last edited by Angel; January 28th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

I do that too i have to lift my knees up to brace myself or hold my stomach - its the same when i cough ..

maybe i am paranoid. but, i booked to see obs tonight, at 7. i think i am just one of those people that always assumes the worst.
    but it is good to know that it probably is all normal, and just another experience that i will go thru, but well, will still go to dr, even if it is just to see bub move!
    Woman should of been invented with little glass panels in their tums so we could see whats happening

Hahaha shouldnt they

I tend to get the pain when sneezing too. Bracing yourself seems to help!!

LOL @ the glass panel on tum! That would be great.

Yeah I also used to get very sharp stabbing pains when sneezing and coughing. Bracing yourself for it definately can help a bit.

At my first antenatal class last night another mum to be mentioned that every time she sneezed she got a similar pain. The midwife used diagrams of the uterus to show how when we are pregnant one of the ligaments from the uterus to the wall of the abdomen is under much more pressure. So, when we turn too quickly or make a sudden movement (like a sneeze) we feel a sharp tugging pain. So, I imagine that the pain you are feeling is that. It's always a good idea to see the doctor though if you are concerned.

Hi. Just letting you know that seen obs tonight, says i have torn some muscle, and that it should repair itself in time. But, like you all have said, to brace myself when sneezing, and watch how i get out of bed, and out of the car etc.
    Also got to see Pebbles, which was good. And it moved, unlike last visit, where it choose to sleep!
    I will sleep well tonight after my restless last night, and worring all day!

Hope you feel better Mum2Bee!

And better still, that you saw Pebbles moving - isn't it the bestest thing?

I've had that pulling feeling before near my belly button. I think I must have pulled something. It went after a couple of days. If I run at all (which is very unususal these days) I get a funny feeling near my belly button, something stretching. So I just don't run now. Glad to hear everything is OK.