Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shouln't I feel movement by now?

Unhappy Shouln't I feel movement by now?

I'm coming up to 14 weeks and I get the impression that I should have felt movement by now. All my friend felt movement before 14 weeks.
    I'm a stress pot any way, I think I just need some reasurance.
    When did any of you feel movement?
    I wish I had a window into my belly.

No everyone is different you also might be feeling movement but not realise it yet.

Don't stress you will feel it soon. 16 weeks is average so two weeks to go.

Nikki

I thought the average time to start feeling movement is somewhere between 16 and 20 week, so you don't have to much to worry about. I was about 19 weeks with my first bub.

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow with my 2nd & you're supposed to feel movement earlier with your 2nd and I haven't had much yet.

Hi- Congrats on being preggas-
    I didnt feel movement with my first til the 16-18 week mark but this time i have been feeling movement already. They say that with your second, third etc you are more receptive to the feeling so you feel it quicker. I wouldnt worry too much i have friends preg with their first and hadnt felt anything till bout 19-20 weeks. It will happen and when it does it will make it more special.

Usually i feel bubs more when i'm relaxing or sometimes a cough or sneeze can set the little one off. hehe... Good luck

Enchanted Guest

Congrats! I didn't feel movement until 18 weeks... it will happen soon enough

Thanks Girls.
    I've been trying to sit still and feel whats going on in there, but every time I do... Konk..zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Just so tired!

I never felt a thing til 20-22 weeks with DD1. DD2 wasnt until 22-23 so i felt her later!

Hey LisyLee,

I didn't feel movement till about 19 weeks. It all depends when you start feeling it....You could have an anterior placenta (Like me) that means that it is placed at the front so it comes between your tummy and the baby and he just ends up kicking that and you can't feel it until much later. Also at 14 weeks the bubba is still not very strong add that and the anterior placenta and you really can't feel anything!!

Don't worry you will start to feel some movement VERY soon and when you do it will be so fantastic! Just be patient

I felt nothing till 19 weeks so I wouldnt worry. You may be feeling it but not realising it.
    You will feel bubs soon enough

I was 22 weeks before i had any slight movement.

Every pg is different....in 10 weeks time you'll be cursing the day you were waiting for movement pmsl.
    My eldest was at 15 weeks, my second at 23weeks, my third at 12 and this one at 14weeks.
    Im sure you darling will let you know soon enough and you'll end up with the biggest smile on you face.

I didn't feel movement until 18-20 weeks.

I didn't feel anything till after 20 either which drs say is normal, so do not worry!!

I didnt feel any movements until about 18 or 19 weeks. I was told if your placenta is anterior (on the front of uterus) then it might be longer till you can feel movement. I wouldnt worry much about not feeling it at 14 weeks.

wait for a few more weeks and you'll have tap dancing on your tummy at all hours of the night and day, usually when your trying to sleep!!!!!Goodluck honey, all's well I;m sure

Some women are even as late as 25 weeks!

I always found it to be a very stressfull time--you feel the first movement, but then for the next couple weeks you don't always feel it every day.

Good luck!

Thanks Girls! Much reasured!
    I'm just such a stress pot!

Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast