Thread: silly q

Default silly q

is it ok to drink solo lemon drink when preg. i know this may seem like a silly q but i was wondering about fizzy drinks etc coz i know coke isnt the best

i think it would be ok - i thinkthe bad thing with coke is the caffeine???
    personally i try to stay away from too many fizzy soft drinks, but that is more bc i dont want to have the extra sugar etc - when not pg i would have diet drinks more but i am also trying to stay away from artificial sweetners.
    but if you feel like having solo i am sure you could...

i think it's ok, i've had it while pg.... i'm guessing coke may not be good due to caffeine??

ok thanks.

You can drink solo

haha i almost had a heart attack when i read that didn't even think about not drinking solo i am sooo addicted to solo atm

Sebs Mum Guest

I drank pepsi max during my pregnancy, I tried not to and limited it but I was so addicted I could not help it.

My son is healthy, was a good weight and has developed in leaps and bounds. I think soft drink here and there is OK

I am 25weeks and still suffering all day morning sickness. I have a can of coke every morning which kinda helps settle my stomach. I asked my OB if this was a problem as i am paranoid about getting GD and he said its fine.

I limit my soft drink intake but i like a nice lemon fizzy drink every now and then! It helps settle me if im feeling queezy.

that was why i was worried Misty. i had my blood tests for GD on sat and am anxiously waiting for the results.

SaraK

I am having mine on the 19th May and am thinking i should try and cut down just incase. Let me know how your results go. Do you have a history of Diabetes in your family?? I do so i think thats why im overly paranoid about it - that and the fact that i HATE needles if it were to get to that stage i don't know what i'd do

well my grandafther had diabetes so i had the 2 hr test but then i found out after that he didnt have insulin diabetes just diabetes from old age. im seeing my ob next week so ill find out the results then. im hoping all is ok.

i wish old age was all it was in my family but no such luck, on my mums side, my grandfather had it, my uncle is insulin dependant and my auntie had it whilst preg. On dads side my grandmother is but i have a feeling that could be just old age as its mainly diet and tablet controlled.

All the best for next week