Thread: Size of Bubs @ 20 weeks for 1st preg's

Lorin Guest

Default Size of Bubs @ 20 weeks for 1st preg's

Hi

well i am having my first baby and i am now 20 weeks but have no clue how long the baby should be or is. Does any body else know or maybe got told at their ultrasounds as i didnt.

I have my 18 week this afternoon so i will ask about it for you.

I have my 20 week ultrasound today so can also find out for you. (But this is my 4th pregnancy...)

According to FF, about 18cm crown to rump, and about 350g.........

Lucy are you finding out what your having?

Fiona, Yep, we already know.........I had a CVS for this pregnancy (as I am old and it was unplanned and we have a history of Downs in the family) & we found out the sex as a result of the CVS at 11 weeks........another little girl......

Ah ok, Lucky duck!

julesr Guest

I've just had my 20 week ultrasound and I asked about size. My OB said that at this point you can't tell if a baby is going to be 7lb or 17lb and if no comment was made by the sonographer about the size then all is well and looking as it should. It's later on in the pregnancy they start estimating birth weight. Hope that helps!

I asked todya as well, and was told about 20cm crown to rump is normal for this stage.

I know fundal height (the length of the fundus, whatever that is, from the pelvic bone) tends to match your weeks. So, at 18 weeks, fundus length is 18cm, and at 20 weeks it's 20cm. Which puts the baby's size at a bit smaller to fit inside.

But I was measuring 20cm at 19 weeks, and don't babies grow in growth spurts from the 2nd trimester onwards anyway, so the baby might be small for dates one week, and then much bigger the next..I know some places don't even measure so it can't be that important.

Lorin Guest

Ok thanks girls. Isnt it amazing how long bubs is now and yet i dont have a stomach to say im pregnant. I dont knwo how it fits in there!

sonsangel Guest

My DS was 19cm from crown to rump at the 19wk scan. It's got it on his video. I think they are not too much different at that stage within 3-4cms. It's like the others have said they have mini growth spurts at different times. He was my first and was 9lb 3oz or 4.165kg.