Thread: size/shape

Default size/shape

i dont knwo where to put this

i was just wondering if anyone was a little big b4 they got preg and how long it took for u to look preg other then just getting fatter. i am not huge but i have always had a bit of a pot belly so i got the crease thing across my belly. i have been so bloated so it look like i have just put on like 10kgs not that i am preg.

HI sassy. I am very big..obese in fact and had a bit of an overhang tummy due too surgery as well ( its lop sided..lovely huh*L*) anyway I am going into my 20th week of pregnancy and can only feel a bump when I lie down.I also feel it whe I Lean over to pick things up pff the floor.
    The DOc had no probs measuring the fundal height on Friday though I am blowed if i know how. I figure maybe the 3 rd trimester I will start to show a little more. The only difference is in a few of my skirts that pull a little tighter aroudne my belly. At first I was dissapointed that I wouldnt have a bump as such to tell the world I was pregnant..and then I figured..well I know I am and baby is healthy and growing properly so its not so important.I have no doubt I will grow alot more the next 20 weeks but to be honest as long as you know all is fine having a bump wont be a priority.
    Doc also told me as a bigger person I may not put on as much weight or show as much..I have put on 4.5 kilos on 20 weeks.
    BEst of luck with your pregnancy

Hi sweet, most people don't look pregnant until after the 13th week, when the uterus pops up above your pelvic bone area. I was overweight too when I fell pregnant and started showing about week 15. Its hard when you don't look pregnant yet, but try and enjoy your pregnant body as much as you can.

Hi luv,

i was also overweight when i fell pregnant and i started to "look" pg, depending on what i wore, from about the same time as Tash.. 15 weeks i think..!

Don't worry.. NOW at almost 30 weeks i definitely LOOK PG!!! In fact that darn belly just so out there it's always in the way! LOL

enjoy your PG luv.. it's awesome!

thanks for that girls. i guess i am just down a bit cause i am so sick at the mo.

Hi Sassy.
    I am a size 16 and sometimes 18, i had quite a pudgy belly b4 getting pg and i used to suck my belly in when out and about lol. So i started to get bloated early like 8wks and then couldnt suck my belly in anymore so it felt worse. I was heaps sick aswell so this made me feel worse looking just fat. And people commented on my weight to my sis in law and she told me. I FELT just crappy.
    Anyway my belly became more defined around 12wks and just ballooned lol i take after my mum who showed early to. But i have looked pg since about 14 or 15 wks i reckon and had to start wearing mat tops etc. Being big already my expanding uterus just pushed it all out further when it came out of my pelvic area.
    I posted pics of my belly at 19wks in my gallery. And now it looks like all baby my belly is firm and rounded But yeah i think we just dont notice the very beginning of our bumps like we would if we were skinny.

sally: hehehe u sound like me. but my SIL said to me that one of their friends asked how far along i am because my tummy was starting to look preg. so i was happy with that. b4 i was preg when i laid down my little pudge would sink in a bit but not it stays out where it normally is and yes i cant suck in anymore either

~Belinda~ Guest

i was a size 12 when i got pregnant and definately didn't look pregnant until about 12 weeks, i had never had a flat tummy though. i have put on about 15 kilos so far and almost 31 weeks pregnant. i have heard that if you are overweight you don't put on as much during pregnancy but i am not sure if that's true or not.

enjoy your pregnancy

I'd lost 13 kg immediately prior to becoming pg. I still had a flabby untoned tummy when I fell pg. I didn't really start to show in my tummy until at least 16 weeks and with clever dressing didn't really show to the rest of the world until at least 20 weeks, even though I was putting on weight and having to wear my bigger clothes. Work colleagues didn't suspect a thing LOL.

What I am saying is that even if you have a bit of a tum you may find that the underlying muscles will hold you in for longer, especially if this is your first. Yes, we all have them even if we never used them LOL. Friends on their next pregnancies have noted that they show much earlier because the tummy muscles are already stretched. You may not really have a preggie belly until later in your pregnancy when bubs is much bigger.

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

~Belinda~ Guest

Wow Saffi, not long to go for you! Your Bub is definately baking in there!!

Which hospital are you going to in Brisbane?

Mater Mothers (Private).

Yes, bubs is very comfortable in there and isn't giving an sign that he is ready to come out. Bring on Monday!

~Belinda~ Guest

Cool stuff, they are a good hospital I have heard.

I am going to the Wesley - I wish you all the best with your new little one

I had my bub at the Wesley and was happy there. My hubby got to stay in hospital with me the whole time, which was fantastic as I ended up having a c-section
    Good luck everyone

I reckon it took me to 20 weeks to actually look pregnant (seriously). I was about 8 kgs overweight at conception but I have a decent size bust and didn't look pregnant until my tum passed my boobs!

I'm the same deirdre, im 22 weeks now and on a 'skinnier' day when bubs must sit back further, i just look solid as opposed to pg... At least the 'fatter' days are more obvious...!