Thread: Sleeping

Lorin Guest

Default Sleeping

Can somebody tell me which is the bette way to sleep in bed. I am 16 weeks pregnant just wondereing whether laying on you back is good or better to lay on your side? I feel moe comfortable on my back but sometimes my back aches so i lay on my side but i have recently been told not to lay on back, to lay on side is much bette fo you baby????

HELP PLEASE i wanna sleep in peace and not thoughts tonight!!!

Thanks

Hi Lorin,

I called my OB this week and asked the same question I have only been sleeping in 3-4hr slots. She told me not to sleep on my back unless its propped up with at least 2 pillows so its not straight, she told me the best position is to sleep on your side, but make sure you dont squash your arm like I did then you get pins and needles.. 8-[ Do you have a body pillow? she also told me that you can either hug the body pillow or when you lie on your side put it on your back to support your back. I find it best when I sleep on my side with it supporting my back.

Hope this helps.

Bel
    xxx

mumof2beauties Guest

From about now you should refrain from lying flat on your back for any length of time, cause the increasing weight of your uterus puts pressure on your major blood vessedls, reducing blood flow around your body and subsequently your placenta!!
    Hope you get some comfy zzzzzzzz's soon

Lorin Guest

OK thank you all very very much thats a great help. i will go and purchase a body pillow im surre my partner will will become a little jealous that i am snuggling a pillow and not him. But Sounds good i dont really mind sleeping on my side but i LOVE sleeping on back so it may become a little painfull to start with but will live with it.
    I hope all you ladies are tavelling well in you pregnancies.
    Thanks once again, Much appreciated. xoxox

I was also told to try and lie on your left side if at all possible....can't remember why exactly but I think it has something to do with the natural position of your organs and by lying on that side it puts less pressure on lungs/liver something like that (*embarassed look as she can't remember the exact organs it directly relates to* ).

Best of luck for some better nights of sleep!

I can realy recommend the body pillow. I have been using one for a while now as i sleep on my side but as my belly started to grow i was starting to roll onto my arm and belly which would mean i would wake up sore. I also agree with Beckibee about sleeping on your left side - its can be a little more confortable for you as well
    good luck!

Oh, body pillows are great !!!
    the only problem is they can be kinda expensive... DH paid $60 for mine when i was pg with Noah.

I am usually a side sleeper, but when i am pregnant, i desperately want to sleep on my tummy :| so the body pillow helped me immensely... Now that im not pg... DH and i fight for it !!! lol

angelique Guest

I personally like those bomerrang pillows. Those body pillows are too thick and large for me as I am a small build. Just experiment with the pillows you have at home in regards to the height you feel comfortable with. If you do purchase a bomerrang pillow it will be with you forever.

Angelique,
    I totally agree with you... boomerang pillows are great... i used to stack them all when i was about 5 months pregnant with DD so that my belly wasnt touching the bed, and i could lay on my tummy and all my weight was supported by the pillows.
    and... they come in handy for laying around toddlers when on your bed so they dont roll out

Lisa