Thread: Sleeping...

Default Sleeping...

How is everyone going when it comes to sleeping? Some nights I find it really hard to get comfortable and other nights I get the best sleep ever! I currently sleep with a pillow In between my knees and under my stomach and most of the time I sleep on my sides and occasionally swap to lying on my back, oh and I usually need to stick the feet out the side of the bed But have always done this

Last Night I had the worst nights sleep ever. My little bundle of joy decided to kick and wriggle about all night. I finally went to sleep at 6am the morning and woke at 10:30am due to a severe cramp in my leg..

I too have been finding it difficult to get a good nights sleep. However, now the baby is getting more active it is alot harder.

You poor thing, I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

I find if I stick to being on my sides then I can usually get an ok sleep, but if I stay on my back then the baby tends to kick me all the time, without fail!! So now to get a good sleep I make sure I stay off my back

i'm finding i still need to get up twice a night to go to the toilet (which doesn't help), i'm also finding that if i lie for too long on one side, i start to get sore & need to swap sides. i was having some pain in my pelvis, but since i started sleeping with a pillow between my legs, the pain has gone . i have also found that if my belly is angled too much towards the mattress, i get a bit of a kick

my sleep seems to be much better on weekends when there is no pressure to be up by a certain time. i get up at about 5.45 for work & it's a killer at the moment! but...only 8 more weeks left of work

"i have also found that if my belly is angled too much towards the mattress, i get a bit of a kick "

I get that as well sometimes Sloane! It's like their giving us a boot to stop squishing them

Thanks Serenity.

I am the same Sarah. I find it more comfortable on my right side, However, baby seems to kick religiously until I move onto my left side. Im not as comfortable on my left though, my ribs and back start to really hurt and I can't seem to get comfortable.

I also woke at lest 2 or 3 times during the night to go to the toilet and get a drink b/c I am always so thirsty.

At least we have a reward at the end of all of this.

Thanks Serenity.

I agree Sarah. I find it more comfortable to sleep on my right side, however, baby kicks religiously until I change to my left.
    I also awake 2 or 3 times a night to get a drink and go to the toilet.
    I find that sleeping on one side for too long gives me sore ribs and back pain.

At least we have a great reward at the end of all of this.

I try not to have a drink before I go to bed otherwise I wake up and really need to pee but last night I didn't have a drink and I got up once to go to the toilet and then this morning was busting again! Don't ask me where all those fluids came from

The other night I woke up after sleeping on my left side for a while and had some bad pains as well, just like I had been lying on it for way to long but most of the time I never get this.

At the moment I feel like kicking my partner out of bed and into the spare one because I like changing positions all the time and taking up the whole bed

it's so nice to know i'm not the only one! i'm happy that i've become practised at keeping the pillow between my legs as i turn over so i don't need to re-arrange myself too much. i'm thinking it's time to add another pillow or two. poor DP will be hanging on to the edge of the bed soon - between my belly & all the pillows

can you tell sleep is one of my favourite topics at the moment? i seem to spend ALOT of time thinking & talking about it

Haha Sloane!

I will have to remember your pillow technique! At the moment I just roll over and have to pick up the pillow and swap it over to the other side!! Gets very time consuming

I agree. There are not enough hours in the day for sleeping!