Thread: Small Uterus ... ? ? ?

Default Small Uterus ... ? ? ?

Just a quick question ,

Im currently overseas , and the level of care here ( Poland ) is RIDICULOUS.
    Anyways , im 17 weeks preg. Everything was running well , until I decided to go to a new doctor today - she did an internal told me all was well , then did an ultrasound ( on a machine from the Flinstones era ) .. and told me my Uterus was small , it wasnt as it should be at 17 weeks.. but roughly for 16 weeks... ? ? ? What the hell is this woman on about ? Im stressed enough as it is , because im far from home , and my belly just isnt growing and now THIS ? ? ( everything was measuring to date at my earlier ultrasounds with another doctor ) .
    Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
    Coz im one paranoid mama

Enigma - I got the impression from other things I've read etc that one week either way was nothing (maybe that is baby size not uterus I don't know). I'm sure there are those on here who will be able to better clear it up for you though. Hope everything is just fine and this doc was worrying you for know reason - just had a hopeless bedside manner maybe???

I wouldnt worry too much at all. You can meaure out by weeks and its all fine. Also, the position you lay in can affect the measurement as can the person measuring you. I know it can be hard not to worry - but it really isnt something to be worried about (it would have been handy if your OB had told you that herself

Hi Enigma

Dont worry hun. There is no way that at 17 weeks your doctor can say that your uterus is only the size of 16 weeks she is talking (c)rap. Also why the hell would you need an internal at 17 weeks. :-k

BellyBelly members save my sanity once again - thanks for the quick replies they honestly helped . .
    Im trying not to stress , I have ANOTHER appointment with ANOTHER doctor on the 18th so we'll see what interesting things he comes up with
    What frustrates me most is that this woman prescribed . . . 5 , yes 5 tablets a day for me to take - for 15 days . 3 of them are paracetamol like , but the other 2 I have no idea , I threw the prescription away , my baby doesnt need chemicals to help it " grow " grrrr .... *vent*
    Once again , thanks for listening - I really appreciate it

good on you enigma. Why did your dr give you paracetamol if you arent in pain? And giving you tablets without even explaining what they were???? That doesnt sound too good at all...

Ive been having some cramps - they arent strong , I think its just all the stretching and growing going on in there - but thats what the paracetamol was for...

Linda , I took a peek at ur babies website - she's beautiful

I cant believe that she gave you 3 types of paracetamol. This drug can kill if you overdose on it, and you dont need a lot for that to happen

I know Alan , I take one panadol and I stress , let alone 3 of the sort ... No Way ! Just makes me wonder how many women are taking these sorts of doses here thinking its ok.... *sigh*
    Thanks again for all your advice