Thread: Snoogle or body pillows?

Default Snoogle or body pillows?

Hi everyone,

I am getting to the stage where I think I will have to start sharing the bed with a body pillow as well as hubby I have seen the snoogle pillos and also the long body pillows. Has anyone used either of these? What did you think of them?
    Mel

I saw these and was considering one also, but then thought it would be much too hot over summer. With my 1st preg I got by with a V pillow.

I had a body pillow because I had a problem with sciatica throughout the later stages of my pregnancy. it was bloody wonderful but hubby didn't like it because he always felt that there was another person in bed with us!!!! haha!!

i bought a snoogle and ended up using it about 5 times. i found it really uncomfortable and impractical. i ended up just sleeping with a normal pillow between my legs..

I used a body pillow, but stil used my normal pillow for my head and kinda cuddle the other IYKWIM! It was really comfy! It was quite cheap too just from spotlight! DH didnt really like it but he was out of bed at midnight to start work so it wasnt too much of a problem!
    Good luck!x

I bought a body pillow early in my pregnancy and slept with it in the bed with me & DP and used it until about 16 weeks and then found it uncomfortable to sleep with so its been on the floor since and i know sleep with a normal pillow under my back/belly and thats much better.

Where abouts are you Mel?

I have a body pillow & could seriously not live without it, or sleep without it, at this point in my pregnancy. Like Boomba I have my normal pillow still for my head & hug the body pillow with one end between my knees... it's so comfy & I can lay on my side in such a way that I trick myself into thinking I can still lie on my tum lol.

I can see that I will still use it after bubs arrives, either as a regular pillow for sitting up in bed or I've been told if you fold it around you it's good for bf but I can't vouch for that yet.

I bought a body pillow when I was pg and it was a godsend. I too used a normal pillow under my head and cuddled the body pillow with the bottom part tucked between my legs hehe I still use it now and DP named it Cecil.

i bought a body pillow when i was pregnant with DD in 2005 and well i still have it.... LOL they are wonderful... From spotlight they are very cheap, i use to work there and thats when i seen them and bought one.... At this stage though i havent even gotten to sleep with it cause DP steals it every night and when i try to get it back he wakes up.... GRRRR.So i have just used a normal pillow between my legs but trust me its no where as comfy.

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the insight into the pillows. Think I might look at Spotlight at the body pillows there and still use my memory foam pillow for my head.

Bonham - I am in Mt Waverley in Melbourne.

Mel

Me: 30
    DH: 31
    Having a boy EDD: 3rd April 08

I had a body pillow for my 1st pregnancy, and got a snoogle for my 2nd.

I think the snoogle one is so much better. I just found with the body pillow i still needed to have a pillow or 2 either between my knees, or under my stomach. And then in the night they would all end up shifting and i would end up with them all falling away and nothing supporting me.

The snoogle one wrapped around like a c shape, so i could just have this, and i found it managed to stay pretty much put for the whole time. I think there is also one tht is an 0 shape, so you can have back and front support at the same time.

I def. say go the snoogle.. I never use the body pillow anymore.. i think i might stick it up on ebay, cos it takes up a lot of room in the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanny View Post
    I bought a body pillow when I was pg and it was a godsend. I too used a normal pillow under my head and cuddled the body pillow with the bottom part tucked between my legs hehe I still use it now and DP named it Cecil.
    LOL...naming it Cecil, thats funny!

I got a body pillow as I LIVE on my belly when sleeping. I really missed doing it so the body pillow sort of let me roll on it, well sort of and I had bad hip pain so it REAALLY helped with that!

I have tucked it away in my wardrobe for next time I have a bub. Loved it, but only when I was pregnant.

Hi there-
    after fighting with pillows all through the bed, I bought a body pillow from big w yesterday- and had the best nights sleep ever!