Thread: Soldier on?

Default Soldier on?

I have gotten really really tired and really really sick again! (worse than first trimester) but LUCKY for me I am not actually being sick I just feel sick ALL the time, kinda good in a way as everthing makes me feel sick I dont mind eating ANYthing as I know the result will be the same.
    Anyhow my question is about the tiredness. I can see in the pregnancy symptoms thread that 2nd tri tiredness is still there.... however do I soldier on or rest? I feel like I'm letting people down by not feeling up to doing anything (but I guess I am not letting down baby Smylie)
    What's the go will my energy only come back if I "look" for it or should I take the fact I'm tired and sick as a sign that body and baby want/need rest???
    I know everyone is different but has anyone else just lost motivation to most everything but... relaxing?? How can this be "normal" if there are people out there with high powered high stress jobs and those with a gazillion other children to look after at the same time as making a baby???

Smylie.......at the risk of over-simplifying the issue, are you drinking enough fluids? Plain old water? I know that I get BUGGERED if I don't drink enough water.........

Anyway, if I was you (and I did, believe me, when I was pg with Olivia and had the luxury of just me and DH and no other babies to have to deal with!) is REST.........first pregnancies are "luxurious" in this respect......take advantage!

Chances are your 2nd tri bullet proof energy will pop up soon, but until it does, REST!

Water is a great solution to so many of our problems...I think sometimes we just forget especially in the cooler months...I know I am guilty of this. Maybe also have your iron levels checked.

catherine Guest

I'm still really tired as well......getting up every hour in the middle of the night to pee isn't helping either! I'm sure if I didn't have to work/cook/speak to people/breathe I would have much more energy......how on earth will I manage when (hopefully) I have more than 1 child?!!!

I do agree with the water thing though - I feel really 'stretched' if I haven't had enough. That and a nice warm bath on a regular basis.

Rest!!! Do not be a martyr! Like the others have said drinking water is really important, I get really tired if I don't drink enough water during pregnancy & rest. Put your feet up as much as possible.

I agree with the others, rest up and drink plenty of water. I am lucky as I am not working with this one (only studying), and my two girls are at school, so I can have a nap in the day if I need to. I think that pregnancy is one of the only times in your life when you can rest up and not feel guilty about it....your body is working hard, so give yourself a break!

Oh Kelly! I totally agree with the others get some REST girl LOL!!
    I have only just started to get over extreme exhaustion, but I found if I slept for 12ish hours at night and napped during the day if I needed to I felt sooooo much better.

I felt like a serious slob cause Im usually up early and go, go, go, can't waste the day sleeping etc... so I resisted sleep for weeks but with DH and the doc pressuring me to take it easy, I rested when I felt like it and my body was so much happier for doing so. Now Im back to more normal sleeping hours but for those few weeks I think my body was really needing it.

I'm going to try to drink more water though, good idea!

Me too. Rest when your body tells you too.

I describe the feeling as "hitting the wall" - if I ignore what my body is telling me to do - it just gets worse. A couple of times I've ignored the signs and then I'm so exhausted I can't sleep becaues my legs go all weird on me and I get very sooky and hopeless. Now I've learnt the signs I make a hasty retreat from whereever I am about 30 mins before I hit the point of no return.

I can't imagine what its like on your subsequent pgs or with a high powered exec job.

It's frustrating isn't it, you would love to just get up and go but your body says otherwise right!

I am exhausted all the time but looking after five children as this is my sixth pregnancy I just can't seem to stop feeling so buggered, hope it ends soon though.

Maybe when you are having a feel good moment go for a nice walk or walk in a pretty park with nice scenery, or beach walk, spoil yourslef, you deserve it, heck we all do!

I have the same problem. The other night i got a solid 8.5 hours sleep and i still had a nap during the day when DS was asleep. Just rest, Take it easy and PLEASE listen to your body. Also drink water, I have a hard time drinking water as i dont like the taste so i struggle to drink 5 glasses a day. I argue with DF that mineral water (flavoured) and 1-2 cups of tea a day is just the same as the water i miss out on!
    Take care,
    Jenni

mum5boys Guest

I agree with everyone else just drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can.
    You are not letting anyone down by looking after yourself and resting.
    I have definitely lost my motivation to do anything, it all seems too hard at times but then again it doesn't last too long as I have 5 other children to look after so I don't have a choice. If this was my first baby and I didn't have anyone else to look after I would rest as much as possible and take advantage of the time I had to myself.

When you feel better and less tired then you will feel more motivated and will want to do things.I am sure that won't be too far away but until then rest up and look after yourself.
    Take care
    Michelle

Thanks so much for the advice! I have been drinking more water, I fill up two big glasses everytime so I only have to do it 3 times a day and I have had 6 glasses plus some kind of juice or sugar boost at lunch time cant hurt. It may have worked a little as this week I will have worked 5 days as have not been too sick or tired to deal with everything.
    I have still been really tired but i have been relaxing, it is no secret I am pregnant and it seems to be an ok reason to rest and feel sick in everyone's mind so I will keep that in mind.... i think i just felt it was a bit of a cop out.
    thanks heaps.

JadeTara Guest

Don't feel like its an excuse or a cop out, your body is working so hard making your little person.
    I had severe morning sickness that has started to settle slightly and with so much nausea, trust me you need that extra rest. Your body will scream for it.
    Hope you start feeling a little better soon.