Thread: Soooo tired!

Unhappy Soooo tired!

Hi everyone,

I'm 25 weeks today and so so SO tired.... I wake up in the morning and within an hour and a half, two hours, I'm completely exhausted again and just want to lie down.

It doesn't help that it's been stupidly hot in Sydney the last few days, and I dont tolerate the heat at the best of times, let alone being a big fat preggo thing now but GEEZ it's hard when you've got another kiddie to run around after. I work random hours, today I only have a small job to do at 3.30 but I'm dreading just getting ready and getting in the car and having to drive... all I want to do is sleep!

Got an appointment with OB tomorrow so I dare say he might send me to get a blood test for iron as well as GD which is due anyway.

Anyone else feeling ridiculously tired at this stage?

So upset my 2nd trimester energy boost is gone. Poo.

Jo

Jo, I went through a stage where I was tired too, but it was different to the 1st tri tiredness. I'd have plenty of energy when I'd had a good sleep, but it wouldn't be long until I needed another nap. I'm a bit better now, but still need good naps on weekends

Jo,

I could of written that post myself, I was just saying to Hubby that I get up have breaky with my little man (19month old) do some chores and then by about 11am I want to sleep. I cant wait for my boy to go to bed for his day nap so I can have a sleep too. I do this every day and end up sleeping about 2 hours during the day. And then Im still tired by about 8.30 9pm.
    I am 21 weeks, so maybe its a combination of looking after a little one and not getting enough sleep at night.

Christine

I am only 16 weeks and feel tired all the time. I think the 1st week of the 2nd trimester I felt fine - even stayed up to 2am from a wedding. But since then I am always tired and Sat and Sun had little naps in the afternoon. By the time I get home from work, walked and had dinner I am exhuasted again!

I didn't think this was the case in the 2nd Trimester either!!

~Jane~ Guest

Thank heavens it is not just me. I thought I was "supposed" to be over this by now and I feel worse. It doesn't help when people say "you shouldn't be tired you're past that stage". I am thinking of calling my OB and asking about getting my iron levels checked. I feel what I would call abnormally tired and am aching in the legs and as cranky as!