Thread: sore again ...

Default sore again ...

I have this bad pain and it always coes on whenever I stand up after sitting down, or even lying down. It actually feels like it's in and around my tail bone and when I stand up it like it gets pulled back the other way, it takes a few minutes before I can stand up straight without it hurting Do you think it's just the way I could be sitting or something? I feel and look like a little old lady when I get up LOL

Could it be the weight of bubs putting a bit of pressure on your back? Sounds like you need a nice bubble bath and to con rod into giving you a nice massage hehe

Renee, I get this at times too! Normally when I have done too much.. Kinda feels like I have pinched a nerve?? I would just take it easy!

Sounds like sciatica pain to me! google it and read the symptoms and see if thats what is is.

Its a long nerve that runs from your buttocks down the back of your thighs and gives a lot of grief to pregnant women.

I'm not sure there is much you can do. Its a good idea when you're sitting down to wiggle your legs and keep the circulation happening. Othweise...I just hope it goes away for you soon

Thanks heaps ladies Yeah I get Rod to rub my back every night the poor guy lol Ooh off to google now!

It i caused by the joints in your tail bone relaxing, and this is caused by your hormones

Renee I had this also and some days it sure made me feel old!! It goes away though

Thanks Should have known it was those hormones Glad to hear it does go away, hoping sooner than later! lol

I have this same tail bone pain too. I asked my Ob about it last week. She said that all the pelvic floor muscles attach into your tailbone and for whatever reason it is causing pain. She couldn't tell me exactly why, but suggested it could have something to do with the fact that I still have morning sickness (at 18 weeks) and the vomiting may be straining those muscles. I'm not sure about that, but I guess it doesn't matter because there is nothing I can do to stop it.
    The only thing she could suggest is putting a heat pack on the tail bone.
    To me it doesn't feel like sciatica, for me it's not so much a nerve type feeling, more of a pulling feeling.
    Sometimes it is so bad I kind of limp around, I feel like a grandma too!

I'm so glad I found this thread - that's exactly the pain that I've been getting (when I move from sitting to standing). Sometimes at school, I just stay in my chair & teach from there, because I can't bear the thought of standing up again . Does anyone have suggestions of a stretch/treatment? Because it's really painful! (and gets worse as the day progresses).

renee, I agree with Celtic Moon, it does sound like your bub is putting pressure on your back. Do you experience the pain when lying? At the stage you are at now, it sounds quite normal! But you won't have to wait much longer! Good luck