Thread: Sore Bladder???

Default Sore Bladder???

Hi Guys

Im 14 weeks, for the last couple of weeks i get this weird feeling when i go to the toilet to pee! It feels like as my bladder gets empty, it gets sore and it feels a tad horrid and weird. After about 1-2 mins after ive gone its all fine. Its not painful, very uncomfy and spooky and it seems to be getting worse. Its just the bladder, nowhere else that is giving me trouble....

Is this normal?? Should i bother to see my dr??

Take care ladies!

Emma - you may have a urinary tract infection (UTI) going by the sound of your symptoms. DEFINATELY get it checked out by your OB/GP because a UTI when pregnant can be quite dangerous.

Emz, I would think that if you are feeling any discomfort while you are urinating that you should ask a Dr about it especially if its getting worse. It may be nothing but its better to be safe than sorry.

it could well be a UTI, i have heard that the symptoms of a UTI are different when you are pg too, so worth getting it checked out. also try to keep your fluids up in the meantime just to help flush out your system.

hope it is able to be cleared up for you soon,

Linda

Yep, it does sound like a UTI to me... they are not pleasant at all!
    Make sure you see your GP as soon as possible and he will probably give you some antibiotics to help clear it up...

I had that for a little while. But I didn't get it checked out 8-[ It was a wierd ache that I got for a bit after urinating (not during). And it would only happen if I'd let my bladder get too full. It was almost as if I'd pushed the urine out too fast and hurt the muscle.. if you know what I mean! :-s

I thought UTI had a burning sensation, and constantly feeling like you need to go? So I didn't get mine checked out. *shrug* Nothing came of it, and it didn't happen each time. I just put it down to extra pressure on my bladder or something.

Hope it eases up for you emz. Perhaps drink a lot of water to flush things out a bit

Thanks for all your help ladies,

Im going to leave it for the weekend so i can take more notice of it and see what happens. Will go see my dr on mon if need be. No harm going to see him, I like him a lot and I havent seen him since about 7 weeks, so even if its nothing It cant hurt to get it checked!

Ivana- you are describing exactly what im feeling! Ive had UTI's before and this seems to be different, no stinging or constant ache that i had with mine. So far it does appear to be when i let it get too full... I shall wait and see.

I told my mum about it, she was really cute, she said "well if what your sister says is true about the size of your tummy, i wouldnt be suprised if your feeling some pressure!" hehehe

Anyway, thank you so much for all your thoughts, I'll post after i see the Dr.

Take care everyone!!!

Look forward to a positive update Emz, hope it goes away all by itself (or maybe it will take 9 months for that to happen #-o )

Linda