Thread: Sore tailbone and wish baby would stop kicking

Jed Guest

Default Sore tailbone and wish baby would stop kicking

Hi all

Tailbone - The last few days my tailbone has been really sore when sitting for a while and especially hurts when i get up from sitting. Is this just because everything is soft or is it where the baby is positioned. Got any hints for helping with the pain?

Baby kicking - I have a desk job and am getting sick of the baby always moving or kicking, i move around as much as i can to rock it to sleep but it doesn't last long. I hope this baby doesn't have ADD-ha ha. Anyone esle having this problem?

Jed

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jed,

I work in a sit down job too (at a Helpdesk) and bub kicks all day long. The little'un is only basically quiet at lunch, on the way to work and on the way from work. Plus it's kicking when I wake up in the middle of the night. I too wonder if this bub ever sleeps! But I did read somewhere that your baby at this stage will alternate between wake and sleep every 20 mins or so, which probably feels to us like bub is awake all the time.

Also, I have had problems with my tailbone from about 14 weeks. My Dr recommended that I get up and walk for 5 mins for every half an hour of sitting, coz sitting all the time can be as awkward and tiring as standing all the time, but unfortunately my work situation doesn't make it easy to do. Just know that if we're anything to go by, what you're feeling sounds about normal.

love
    sushee

Jed Guest

Thanks Sushee, glad to hear i'm not the only one.

Jed

Jed - I have a broken Tail bone ( coxycc bone) and every time i get out of a chair it is getting worse and worse. I have been to the pyhsio and he gave me some stretches to do - but a tail bone is one bone that has no cure - even when broken all you can do is wait - mine has been broken for 3 years and since the extra weight of pregnancy it has gotten worse.
    I find that sitting on a donut ring helps too - make you could go borrow one of the hospital - but you have to get up and walk atleast once an hour

Hi Girls

Sorry to say that the only thing you can do for your painful tail bone is give birth. It is one of your hormones causing te pain.