Thread: Sore Tummy..

Default Sore Tummy..

Ok, i know that cramps are normal stuff, but can anyone help me out on this one?

Ive got aching muscles, starting at the top of my pubic bone, going down into the tops of my thighs. It hurst when i walk, sit and then get up, roll over at night... basically anytime i move. Its not so bad that i cant do these things, but its annoying as its been about 3-4 days and is not getting better.

Also- what about kidney/sideback pain? Ive been tested for- well i dont know what exactly- the last 2 times i saw the midwife and ob to see if this pain was an infection etc but they come back negative.

Its been ongoing since day 1, i think 2 weeks is the most ive gone with out the kidney/side pain---

sooooooo am i right in assuming that its just everything growing?

Emma, when i was pregnant with DD I would get a lot of aches and pains around my belly and side. I was told it's just baby growing and stretching everything. So that's probably what it is if nothing else has come up.

Pietta Guest

I can totally empathise with you. I had pains ALL over my middle part of my body when preg with Ryley. Yep like Tegan said- it is just your body adjusting to the baby growing. If nothing else turns up that is totally normal

I to have huge pains all the time, including some lovely jabbing sharp ones.. I have been worried to and was going to ask the OB tomorrow.. ( 1st appointment).. I guess i better be tested for UTI..

Hi emz,
    There is a condition that some pregnant women endure called 'symphysis Pubis Dysfunction". It is very painful and sounds a lot like what you describe. Mention it to your doctor and ask for a referral to a physio. A physio can give you some exercises and sometimes a 'belt' that helps to support the area. I feel for you as it is very painful. Try to make sure you get off chairs, beds out of the car etc with your knees together...
    I hope you can get some relief.
    Love Deb

Custardtart Guest

The other thing to watch out for is ligament pain - if this is what is causing you discomfort, you do need to be careful of the way you move and the stress you put on your hips. I'd suggest asking a doctor or your OB too - if it's something that you can correct, better to start early.

Kerrie

I had really bad pains on friday night felt like somone was stabbing me in the stomach. But i didn't have any bleeding so i thought this must of been normal being my first pregnancy and all. Then i woke up on saturday morning and my belly had popped out heaps.... It must of been all the stretching pains. Hope your pains stop soon.

Could this be pelvic instability? My friends were talking about these same symptoms last night.

angelique Guest

Hey girls, howearly does this pain, stretchibg etc start?

Hey all,

My pains are still here and getting worse! Im thinking its that pelvic instability thing- whats the real name for it??? #-o . Im not too worried about it, could be worse!

Ill just check in with my midwife or the gp sometime this week....

mum and sis had the same thing- it goes away after bubs is born ive been told.

Emz
    It sounds like you are feeling the effects of a hormone called relaxin.
    This hormone is usually roduced in the second trimester and is responsible for loosening the joints. Your pubic bone has a joint right in the middle of and is a common cause of pian especially when you are getting out of bed or turning over in bed. You may also be starting to feel like your legs do not quite fit into the hip joint anymore. All this is normal.

Alan (Midwife)

Alan,

Thanks for your reply, its really wonderful of you to give us here at belly belly some of your time. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say to all our questions.

Thanks so much
    emz

Emz
    You are welcome. I know that pregnancy, birth and for many years after can be a very scary time.
    I am one of there people that beleve my job does not stop when I leave the hospital. I am here to help you ladies, your partners, and your family and friends whenever you need it.

Alan (Midwife)