Thread: Spider veins

Default Spider veins

HI!

Over the past few weeks I have been noticing lots and lots of little spider veins on the inside of my thighs, atleast I think they are spider veins.

I know this is another joy of being pregnant, but just wanted to know if they go away afterwards or am I stuck with them?

Hey Ngala,
    Thighs and backs of knees are pretty common places to get them. Apparently haemoroid (spelling??) cream is good to get rid of them or reduce their appearance. Do you spend alot of time on your feet at work? --that can also contribute to getting veins. I've noticed I've got a little one on the inside of my knee-- I'm trying to sit down more but this can be hard as a teacher (need to see what the little darlings are up to!!). Hopefully you won't get anymore. I'm not sure of the permanancy of them?!
    Hopexo

Hi Veronica

I have a few of them from my pregnancy with DS1 and DS2. I have heard you can get saline injections to get rid of them - not sure iwho does this eg a beautician or GP or cosmetic surgeon. I havent looked into this yet as there isnt much point until after this pregnancy. I keep telling myself that they are only faint so hopefully no one else can see them LOL!!!

Does anyone find them itchy?? I am not too sure if it is the spider veins or stretch marks, I dont see any stretch marks so it must be the spider veins...

Hope - I dont spend too much time on my feet, I have a desk job and spend about 90% of my time sitting!! Since finding out I was pg, I have stopped all major work outs at the gym, causing my thighs to get bigger..

Jemima - saline injections hey? Interesting!! I think I will leave it for now, I dont normally show my legs off too much out in public so I can handle it at home!

I just had a thought a varicose veins. Maybe a silly question but can spider veins turn in to varicose veins?? My grandma has them so kinda worried about getting them too...

I don't think spider veins are the same as varicose veins. Spider veins are broken capillaries in the skin and varicose are big old fat veins (sorry I don't know the correct terminology, just say that with a Forest Gump twang ) that occur when the vein walls get weak and they can't pump the blood back up as efficiently.

I've got lots of spider veins and the beginnings of varicose veins and they seem very different. The varicose ones ache when I'm tired.

Just think of all them spiders without any veins LOL

Usually they go away after birth. However a few may hang around for quite some time

Ellibam Guest

I got them when i was pg with makon (i think mine are more like stretch marks) from my knees all the way up and although they have faded they are still there!