Thread: Sport - how long after baby born

Default Sport - how long after baby born

Hi Girls -

Just wanted to ask how long people waited after having a baby to go back to sport? I am due 12th April - netball season starts on the 8th April. so just wanted to know how long every one waited

Thanks

Jacci

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Jacci

I ended up having to have a c/s and that was 2.5 months ago and I still don't think I could play netball yet.All that bouncing around scares me!!If I do to much housework ATM I get a bit sore.I'm starting to ease my way back by doing yoga and pilates, but really carefully.I'm just desperate to get back into aerobics!!

Oh Jacci - a woman after my own heart!! I played netball until 19 weeks at least once a week, and then had to give up. I kept training an U15 team right up til 42 weeks pregnant (it got very hard in those last 2 weeks) I started training again with the juniors after 10 days (and bled very heavily - BAD!!!) and gave it a rest until about 4-5 weeks. I trained with the seniors 6 weeks after the birth, and had my first game that week. I had a forceps delivery, so I still had a bit of pain/discomfort, and the bladder wasn't as hot as it used to be, but no accidents. Do your pelvic floor exercises!!!!!
    Keep your fitness up, but I was due start of April too, and didn't end up being a permanent for the team, just a fill in. I was gutted. This time I'm going to miss the whole season! I'm hoping to umpire to keep my hand in it though.

Fi - I only played up till 12 weeks - we had the footy league grandfinal when i was 12 weeks and amazingly i was starting to get a bit tired - very hard to keep it from the girls you are playing with!!! Playing A grade was hard too just trying to keep the fitness up. I also seemed to get alot of pain down my left side which is the side i defend with. It was funny though - i would dive at any ball and then once i hit the ground i would sit there and think to myself " you really shouldn't be doing that jacci" hehehe
    Did you do any onther excersice in your last 20 weeks. I am doing water aerobics twice a week and pilates twice a week.

Hi - I played netball until I was 14.5 weeks pregnant and then got annoyed when I felt I couldn't play hard enough. And started again 8 weeks after she was born - nothing hard, just friendly competition.

I can't picture myself going back so soon this time, even though its only been a weeks since Alex was born.

Barb.