Thread: Spotting in the second trimester

Unhappy Spotting in the second trimester

Hi all, I've had a tiny bit of spotting and I am 18 weeks. I saw another tiny tiny speck today. I had an emergency ultrasound the day after the first time and that confirmed that everything is OK. Though I am still worried. Has anyone else had spotting in the 2nd trimester? I'm reassured that there isn't anything obviously wrong but still concerned about what it could be

Jan. I haven't experienced spotting at all but I have read that it is common for women to spot at certain times during their pregnancy - normally around the time their period would be due. Take comfort in your ultrasound and if you're still worried - have another chat with your caregiver.

MG

Hi Jan

with my second pregnancy I started spotting over a two week period at about 16 weeks. It totally freaked me out but I must say my ob wasnt overly concerned, particularly after I had a scan and everything was OK and all the reading I did indicated that it was quite common. I went on to have a very healthy pregnancy which resulted in a healthy baby. It is hard not to worry, but try and stay positive. (i know easier said than done)
    Good luck
    Jem

Sometimes you can get little grazes inside your vagina during intercourse and this can sometimes make it look like you are spotting. This has happened to me occasionally during all three of my pg's and while at the time it is very worrying, it is usually innocent kwim? Also it could possibly be from haemorroids as well if you have any.

Hi Jan,

Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you!! I'm sure everything is perfect and have heard many stories of spotting throughout whole pregnancies and all still being completely fine, so try not to worry too much (easier said than done). If you're still not sure though, please go for another check-up - at least it will put your mind at ease!

Take care.

Kelly xxx