Thread: Stabbing pain in my pubic bone area

Default Stabbing pain in my pubic bone area

I am almost 18 weeks and have been getting a stabbing type pain in my pubic bone area its not really bad just there.

Does anyone know what it is

I am hoping just stretching but I dont know 1st pregnancy.:biggrin:

Im not sure what it is, but i had pains in the same area when i was PG. Sometimes it got worse, but nothing i couldnt deal with. I found night time in bed was the crunch time, when it hurt the most.

Hope you feel better soon and not into much pain. Goodluck.

Thanks Kim..... its more annoying than painful.... the baby is very active aswell lately - im feeling movement every day - so maybe is getting a bit annoyed at the NO ROOM TO PLAY thing.

sweetie yur bubs has planty of room to play in, this is the best time for you and bubba.

The pain sunds like either a nerve bubs is laying on OR just all your bones in that area softening up and all is getting ready for the journey pregnancy and birth will have on your body. Sounds ver normal to me cause I had it too. But that dont mean I am right because I am not a doctor, so next time oyu are in the gp's or hospital just let them know and I am sure they will say its just everything doing what its suppose to do!

its normal!! Its damn right painful and Im suffering really bad at the moment too.

Apparently it is caused by the hormone "relaxin". There is another thread floating around that Alan (the midwife) replied in explaining it a bit better.

best idea is to put your feet up and try to relax. its awful i know

Well said Danni
    And Meegm. I got some bad news for you....... It gets more painful

i have been having the same thing. Glad to find out it is normal......not so glad to find out its going to get worse. There is so much i didnt know about before hand!

i am amazed at how many things you dont know...... ahhh the joys of pregnancy... Heehehehe

Definitely normal. I got the most horrific pain at 19 weeks that the hospital got me to go in for. It was ligament stretching. Was told to rest with heat packs etc and see how it goes. It gave me grief on and off for a few weeks but has never been as bad as it was initially. the midwife also told me that it would get worse so i was a wee bit panicky as I couldn't work (because I couldn't walk). Touch wood, but so far so good. Hope it eases up for you soon.

I had one of those episodes Sunday - we went upto a beautiful little place in adelaide called Handorf and i had to hold the side of my groin (lovely picture) while we were walking down the street , because i was getting stabbed... and i couldnt move one leg properly HAHAHAHA !