Thread: stethoscope??

Default stethoscope??

Hi all,

I am 17 weeks and my friend, who is a nurse, gave me her stethoscope to see if we could hear anything. We couldn't and she said that at 17 weeks, it wouldn't get picked up with a stethoscope. I know she is right, but still you have the funny thoughts running through your mind. Can anyone else comment on this? I am sure its too early. I feel flutters everynow and then but its nice to hear the heartbeat too. 2 weeks away until we do but it feels like an eternity!!!!!

Tee hee Floss. I'm a nurse and I often pull out my stethescope! I'm yet to pick up a heart beat but I doubt you would be able to (I'm sure Alan could elaborate more). I can hear the baby move even when I can't feel it. And my bubba and I have a great game - I put the stethescope on and s/he pushes it away! Tee hee. HTH

MG

Hi Girls
    It would be difficult to hear your babys heart at term with a stethoscope, an just about impossible at 17 weeks.

hi Flossie, I'm a paramedic and have pulled out my stethoscope a few times. We have heard the heart beat only once and it was so very quiet. We had an appointment with the ob and new the position of the baby and we think that is how we found it. That wasn't until 26 weeks. haven't heard it since. Mothergoose, our little one likes to play that game with us too! How do they know?!

I'm also a nurse and couldnt hear my baby's HB at full term with mine.

My sister is a nurse, and we have tried with her stethoscope but cant hear bubs heart beat with it either, but she has also told me it is really hard to be able to hear it with a stethoscope... we coudlnt even hear it on a doppler till 24 or 28 weeks though.

Debbie Lee Guest

Darn... my sister is a nurse too and I was gonna get her to get her stethascope out next time I'm visiting but no point I guess! LOL
    Might use it to hear Little Bee move around later on tho. That'd still be cool!

im a vet nurse and i also have a stethoscope!

apparently you cannot hear bubs HB with a stethoscope until your at least 18 weeks.

i have yet to hear our babies HB despite trying all the time...