thread: Still going to the loo .....

Apr 2009
    Northern Beaches Sydney

Question Still going to the loo .....

Hi I am just 16 weeks pregnant with my first baby but still feel as I need to go the loo non stop. I am also still waking at least once at night to go.
    During the day very little comes out each time. Should this still be happening? I had thought that this would stop at the end of my first trimester. Should I be concerned. I am not experiencing any pain or tingling just "feel the urge"

Thanks Meadsie

Jan 2007
    Adelaide

going to the loo so often only gets worse as you get further along i was good until 17 weeks thats when it all started. It may just mean bubs is further down pushing on ur bladder. If your worried about it maybe ask your dr.

Add Sammiejane on Facebook

Aug 2007
    Melbourne

Pretty normal i would think.
    i hate to tell you that as your baby grows and your uterus stretches it gets worse.
    to begin with it is hormone related, later it is anatomy related (ie bladder is squished) by 34 weeks i was getting up every hour overnight! (sorry)
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water as if you are continually empptying a not very full bladder this can lead to probems after birth as your bladder has not been stretched out properly.

If there is any pain, strong smell or discomfort, make sure that you get it checked out thou.

Apr 2009
    Northern Beaches Sydney

Thanks ladies .... knew it would get worse towards the end as baby got bigger just thought that I might get a break in the middle. Thanks for advice regarding relieving not very full bladder as hadn't even considered that issue. Probably not drinking as much as I should over the last few weeks.

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2007
    Queensland

I've had this too Meadsie, except I'm getting up 3 times a night to wee. When I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks they could see that bubs is sitting very low - hence the continual bladder pressure. I was hoping for a break, but now I'm just considering getting a potty beside my bed!

Oct 2008

At my 20 weeks scan they couldn't get bubs head measurements very well because the head was down so low and still today it remains the same! I go to the toilet once during the night and during the day i go a few times but it doesn't really concern me to much unless I sneeze and wet myself

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

it varies person to person and pg to pg - but just to make you feel really good about what's to come (lol) - last night i was at the loo every 90minutes to two hours - yay! it just gets better and better!

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

yep, i don't think it's really changed for me from the time i found out i was PG...i usually get up 2 or 3 times during the night. i can only imagine how it might get worse

Oct 2008

Sometimes I don't get up during the night at all! but other times i cant sleep if I'm busting so i just get up and to loo so i can get back to sleep but most times I'm right! My dog gets me up during the night more then anything else

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Weeing all the time has been a CONTINUAL pregnancy symptom for me which is a pain in the neck and has made me a family joke But yeah, it hasn't eased up at all for me

Oct 2008

Mine has eased up a bit... however my bubs seem to find my bladder very entertaining and push on it occasionally making me get the 'GOTTA GO NOW' kind of thing. But going to the loo in the middle of the night often helps me get back to sleep now that the insomnia has kicked in...

Apr 2009
    Northern Beaches Sydney

Thanks ladies ..... good to know that I'm not alone.

If nothing else at least some of the answers made me laugh - especially like the potty idea - alternatively in Ireland, where I grew up, they used to have these commode chairs, which is like a chair with built in potty. That way if I start to suffer from insomnia as well non stop peeing I can cover two issues at once

Dec 2008
    Brighton, Brisbane

Wait till you get to about 24 weeks, then it gets soooo much worse.
    I never woke up during the night needing to go until last week. Now i wake up two or three times a night!!
    I'm not looking forward to down the track when bub gets ever bigger.
    Plus his favorite thing to do is to wait until i need to go badly, then kick the crap out of my bladder constantly until i go. Weirdest feeling, only way i could describe it is like some one dropping an icecube into your bladder. Strange

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

Some nights i get up every hour!!! And always at least 4 times - average every 2 hours - if I get three hours of sleep in a row its cause for celebration! I hate to think it can actually GET any worse! I dont want a bed pan/potty cos you still have to get up! Catheter anyone???

Oct 2008

Some days are worse then others, depends how much I drink! Last night I didn't get up at all, but other nights I wake up and have to go badly.

May 2008
    Blackburn, Melbourne

wee wee

Hi girls

I am 23 weeks pregnant. I am up around 2 - 3 times per night for a wee. That has been happening since the beginning though! Have gotten more used to it though. It's the long road trips that are annoying .. looking out for the next Maccas so I can use their loo!

My due date is 31 August FYI.

Gabby x

Apr 2009
    Cowra, NSW

LOL. sounds so familiar.
    I never used to need to go to the toilet during the night, however, without a doubt, i wake up at about 2am-3am every night and need to wee.
    I dont really drink much fluids after dinner, and always go before i sleep, however its always there lol.
    I think its my bladder getting me used to waking up...so when it comes to the 2 am feeding lol....

Im only 14 1/2 weeks nw...i cant imagine how much worse the bladder will get as i get bigger

Add young_mumma87 on Facebook

Apr 2009
    Bendigo Vic

Smile

i had this from around 14 weeks till i realised it was lovely DS squishing on my bladder so i use to jum off steps to try and get him to move but yes im really sorry it does get worrse esp if bubs is laying on that side!! like ds was when i was pregnant!!!