Thread: still no kicks

Default still no kicks

Im now 22 weeks. I have an anterior placenta and have been feeling movement over the past week or so but no kicks yet. Is this normal to not be feeling any kicks at 22 weeks? I know the anterior placenta cushions the kicks but when will I feel a kick???

Hi.
    I am 24w and still no real kicks!
    I dont have an anterior placenta as far as I know..........
    I am hanging out for the real big ones too!!

Hi Sarak,

I had a friend who had an anterior placenta , she was worried just like you are because she wasn't feeling any kicks. From memory she was about 28 weeks pregnant before she actually felt a kick.

So you may just have to wait a little longer before you start feeling your bubba kick, but then again no two pregnancies are the same so it could be sooner...or it could be later. Don't stress though you will feel the kicks at some stage.

Thanks guys. Im hanging out now to feel just a small jab

OK here is the deal. If you girls don't start to get some kicks within 1 week I will come own there and kick you.

How does that sound?

Alan that's very kind of you... LOL

Thankfully I get poked, prodded & kicked all night long!

any kind of kick would make me feel better. haha

Thanks Alan, that would be great!! lol
    My mum has said to live it up whilst not getting kicked hard.
    Apparently I gave her bruised ribs! lol
    My plan is to kick DP the amount of times per day that I get kicked..... I want him to feel it too!!

LOL Allan...Great response.

You know I have a little lazy bub I think. Havent had too many kicks. Yet my SIL who is due 4 days before me has so many kicks it drives her crazy.

It comes down to positioning I think. My bub is my third and has settled nicely into my pelvis to grow....hers is active and stays near her belly button.

If I was you guys I would lay down flat on the bed and have a get to know your belly time. Feel the shape of your belly and try to guess where the baby is. You may be surprised with what you feel.

Jac

Hi Sarak,
    I've got an anterior placenta too, & I reckon that I'm not feeling distinct kicks either yet, and I'm a smidge over 23 weeks. But I do feel movements, although not a lot, just enough to let me know that there's someone in there. I'm trying to think about it on the bright side - in a few weeks time when most people are absolutely tired out with the kicking, it will still be a novelty to us IYKWIM. Although sometimes it's hard not to be a bit envious. And my DH hasn't felt anything yet either, in fact he seems to send it to sleep everytime he trys

It was 21 weeks before I felt anything last time, and no anterior placenta.

It does annoy me a bit that the pg books say things like "by 20 weeks you are sure to have felt movement". What a silly thing for a book to say!!! That just scares everyone who hasn't by then (like me!).

Hope you get some nice big strong kicks soon - & not from Alan

In my first PG I felt movement for a long time but the actually kicking didn't become apparent until later on. Maybe the movement you're feeling is kicking but you can't yet tell the difference...?

I just wanted to give a little update on my movements. This morning I laid in bed for a few extra minutes and my lil person sent me a number of great kicks and movements up near the top of my belly button. It was like a 20 week today knock on the door!

Felt fantastic to think that it was so real. It has carried on through the morning as well with extra kicks.

Stay positive your day will come!