Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still really tired!!!

Default still really tired!!!

i am almost 16 weeks now and i havn't found that second tri energy everyone talks about infact i feel like i am getting more tired? i am not feeling sick the way i used to but things like going shopping i just get exhausted and need to sit and rest quite frequantly or i start feeling like i will pass out.. all my bloods are normal any ideas on why i am still waiting for the energy???

I am finding that when I am on my feet too much I get tired too and my feet hurt. The other day I went out for about 2 hours and was only really on my feet for an hour and came home and went to sleep!

I am not too sure what the second tri energy is!! But I do know that I feel like myself now and I am doing what I used to do but taking it a lot easier. I dont think the second tri energy means that you can go out and run a marathon... And you are probably getting more tired because of the extra weight that you are carrying around, that is what I am finding anyway..

I am tired... so so tired!! This one is really making it hard on Mummy. Even if I have a really good nights sleep I still get very tired in the arvo. It sux!

Tanya

its good to hear i am not the only one!!!!! not that i want everyone else to be tired too

I probably didn't start to feel the burst of energy in the 2nd tri until towards the end of it and it stayed with me for the first couple of weeks in the 3rd tri, but alas tiredness has come back............

I had the extreme tiredness with Noah. It lasted the whole way through. Infact I think I still have it. LOL. I was constantly waiting for the energy burst but it never happened.

For me I put it down to being 7 years after my last bub, just thought that because I was older it was taking more out of me. Then I went on to have Tehya and I can say that I wasn't nearly as tired with her.

Hope your tiredness lifts for you soon.

I am still tired too! But I think it is more because I am doing too much, not sleeping enough & generally not looiking after myself properly. Last time I felt much better in the 2nd tri...

Let's hope we all get our energy back soon!!!

I had extreme tiredness with #2. One thing that did help was some acupuncture... Might be worth a shot.

Yep, I am the same, I'm still waiting for my energy boost somehow I think I missed the boat lol glad I'm not alone!

I still find myself completely exhausted by the end of most days, although it has improved slightly - used to be falling asleep by around 8pm, these days I can get through to 9.30 (woo hoo). Some days I have more energy, but then I usually feel worse the next day or so if I take too much advantage of the energy spurt. I live for the weekends..

I'm uber tired also...Feel really sorry for my son, who is 3 1/2, as I am just so freaking tired and cranky! I was hoping for a magical burst of energy at 13 weeks! HAHAHA! guess I will keep waiting!

sajemsha Guest

Hi Nonie,

I've only just got my second tri energy and I'm 22 weeks, I can tell you that it's doesn't last all day though, I cleaned the whole house this morning (first time in months), then I was a bit tired, then by 1pm I had a 2 hour sleep So I guess I don't have an unending energy reserve
    I guess tirednedd comes with pregnancy and the only cure is rest and sleep, take care....

I am exhausted as well and I am still falling asleep at 8:30pm on the couch. I was pretty tired last time too, I didn't seem to get it back. I am hoping for better things this time. I really must get back to my exercise class.

ej_1974 Guest

the tiredness does pass but just remember when pg you don't have as much engry as before and as you get bigger you can do less
    I get at least 8-9hrs sleep a night, eat a good diet, do gentle exercise and take my pg supp elevit. I find all of this helps me and elevit has loads of multi-vits & mins that we require when pg. My OB and GP recommended it in my first pg and I've never looked back.
    lots of luck and hope you have more energy soon!

Oh - this is so sad!!! I've been hanging out in the 1st-trimester forum - and I thought it was only in 1st tri I was going to be tired!!! But it seems that that awaited-for energy burst may not be coming.... (sigh!!)

Also worth checking your iron levels? Since getting my iron injections, I've been having more energy ... heaps more!

Sorry but I'm another one saying the mystical 2nd trimester glow missed me too. I've been completely exhausted and sick from week 5!

I am another one who is tired! I find I struggle standing for too long, it just wears me out. Its worse when I forget to take my vitamins, and in the afternoons. I am ok later on in the evening though.

Most days I feel like I need a snooze, on the weekends I love to get into bed for a nanna nap. At work I stretch out on a couch we have for about five minutes.

I don't feel like I am glowing but my firends and family are telling me I look great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast