Thread: Stomach Twinges...muscles???

Default Stomach Twinges...muscles???

I have been having a few muscle type pains just to the left of my belly button. It seems to be when I have been laying down, then getting up, so I thought it may be my stomach muscles.

It feels a bit like the muscles are pulling, but the pain is localised to a spot about as bit as a 50 cent piece.

This is really hard to explain! Does that make any sense? Has anyone else had similar?

I get lots of odd pains here and there JoMarie, it is probably just things stretching. I find it helps it I rub tje area that hurts with the flat of my hand for a bit. If it conitnues and you are still worried, best ask you Ob anyway :-)

Hi Jo, I experienced pulling-type muscle pain in a line down the right of my belly button between 15 and 20 weeks. I think I was having a bit of a growth spurt. I too would recommend massage to the sore spot, only lightly though. The other thing is that when my digestive system was slowing down (I discovered I have to be really vigilant about eating heaps of fruit and veg every day) I'd get odd little pains here and there associated with that. HTH and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

mum5boys Guest

Hi Jo, I have been having similar pains when I am getting up from laying down or sitting back in the chair.Its like a pulling sensation, so I have just put it down to my stomach muscles pulling a bit or stretching.
    Take care
    Michelle

I get similar things - all related to movement - believe it's ligaments etc - lots of stretching going on in there.

I had pains round 15weeks, the doctor said it was my digestive system but i also think it was stretching aswel. I get them every now and again, i too do the rub with the hand, i find it works best.

I get pains near my hips, but I've also had a lot of random pains and pulling sensations too. I get pains when I am bloated or when I am about to go to the toilet.