Thread: Streach Marks

Talking Streach Marks

Hi All,

I just want to know why getting streach marks is such a bad thing? I have had them since I was 8yo on my hips and thighs, they are faded now and you can't hardly see them at all. I don't see what all the fuss is about really, they pretty much dissapear after a time and they don't look that bad...I've got them on my boobs too, but none yet on my belly from PG. Probably will get them later though seeing as I already have them...

Just want to know what all the fuss is about as everyone seems to be worried about getting them...

Cheers
    Lisa

I have had them all my life too, and I hate them, they make me feel ugly. I got many more while pg with DD and although they started to fade, they're all coming abck again... I think they look gross and I will do just about anything to get rid of them.

They just look bad. I already had them on my thighs, but they were smooth and small compared to the ones that I now have on my tum. The baby ones are huge purple ripples. I am sure the colour will fade,but I am not sure that the skin will ever be smooth again. I don't really mind, not often anyone besides me and DH ever see my belly anyways.

the million dollar question.

Bubs is now 3 months old and they are still purple. I call them tiger stripes. I have stretchies in other places too, but none this bad.

It's not really anything to do with how I feel about them. It's more that I am 100% sure no one else wants to see them.

The only way to get rid of stretch marks is time. Time for the layers of skin to go through their motions and replace the damaged bits that are the stretch marks.

ikwym Lisa. I have had little ones on my boobs, thighs and hips since i was a teenager with my weight yoyo- ing and now i look like i have been attacked by a tiger across my tummy but i actually don't mind those ones at all. I see them as 'proof' (dont ask me why i need proof - must be abit loopy) that i've had my 2 wonderful boys. They've turned to silver now but are still very big and there is no way they will get smaller as the skin is totally paper like inbetween but i can honestly say i don't mind them. Mind you i've never been one to wear anything that shows belly off even when i'm slimmer so no one sees them except dh so i would understand why someone wouldn't like them if they were used to wearing 'smaller' clothes than me!

Julie x

Lol, I'm not one for baring the tummy either...lol

I guess because I have lived with them for so long I don't even think what others would say about them if they saw them...mind you the only people to see them would be my mother and husband and if they can't deal with them then they deserve a good slapping. In fact hubby has never commented on them ever so I can't see them bothering him. I don't wear short shorts or shirts so there really is no opportunity for them to be shown off

hmmm I also sport numerous other scars so mabye I'm just used to being "damaged" goods...lol!!!

I have them all over my tummy from my boys pregnancies, starting under my breasts, down to my pubic bone and wrapping around to my back.....now if you don't see anything wrong with that then I don't believe your a female LOL!!
    I have learn't to live with them now (not like there is anything I can do about them ) But I would love to not have to worry about my shirt riding up when I reach up to the top shelf in a supermarket, or to be able to wear a bikini again..... Mine are really obvious even though they are silver now.
    Melissa

jules30 Guest

I am ttc to so baby stretch marks yet but i do have them from puberty on my backside and have noticed in the last few years on my thighs as well!! I hate them, and I have olive skin so those silvery lines are no consolation for me cos its more noticeable on darker skin!! I hate that!!

Oh, and worst thing - my mum has had 2 kids and she has like 5 stretch mark lines on the back of her knees, that is IT! So much for heriditary nature etc.

jules30 Guest

oops, i meant 'no' baby stretch marks .... in the last post.