Thread: Stupid 2nd tri Pregnancy Question!!

Default Stupid 2nd tri Pregnancy Question!!

Is it normal to be carrying so low this early? I was carrying high with DS until the end, but this time I look like I am dragging a basket ball around ( a huge one at that), its just so low, is it normal or should i be worried?

Last edited by EllyBoo72; February 11th, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Hey Ally, I am not too sure cause I havent been there yet!! But I think I read somewhere that if you are carrying a boy then you carry it high and if you are carrying a girl then you carry it low..

I am sure that everything is normal tho

Ally, I have carried really low this whole pregnancy. This is my first so can't compare with others. I wouldn't worry, be thankful, it makes it much easier to breath!!

I must admit Rachel, It is much more comfy than my last pregnancy! I just hope baby doesnt fall out LOL!!

he he he you should be right I reckon ... it shouldnt fall out :P
    I carried really low my whole pregnancy and about the only "wives tale" that I will give any stick to is that boys carry right out front and really low and girls carry in and to the side and quiet high.
    Jacob sat that far out and that low that at 30ish weeks I had person after person saying "oooo youv dropped... getting ready to go" .... really he hadnt moved but it just looked low

Good luck with everything Do you know what you are having or is it a suprise???

xoxo

Thanks Kirstie! We have found out the sex, (and keeping it a surprise) as I highly doubt their accuracy for some reason!! Probably because they had it wrong last time!
    I seem to be carrying all out in front and low...Pretty much like I did with DS..

I am glad I could help some what
    I have seen a few people with girls and they are quiet small... more so just out to the sides and high up.
    We found out what we were having too... it was pretty accurate... I could see the little pee pee and little sack floating about with my own eyes so it was pretty convincing...
    It must have been frustrating when you realised they were wrong!! It would have been quiet a re adjustment!!
    Now that I have thought about it I would have been right ****ed!!!

And it might just be the way he is sitting in your belly thats making him look lower than before?
    xox

LOL! Yes I noticed the Frank and Beans with DS on his u/s, however the sonographer said girl at the time, and Yep it was a shock, but to be honest, a really nice surprise..Thankfully I hadnt bought too much in the way of pink items, but a girlfriend had given me a heap of girl things, which i had washed ironed and hung in the robe, needless to say, I was doing alot of re arranging of the robe when i got home LOL!! And we were quite stuck for a name when he was born, since we had only picked out a girls name he he.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Ally, I seem to be carrying really high this time, So I wonder if it may be a girl for me this time! LOL

I have been low and all out in front my whole pg. I dunno what I am having (will find out Tuesday!) but this bubba has been breech with alittle bum where the head should be just about the whole pg, no chance of turning stubborn little one (must be a bloke I reckon). So I attribute the carrying low to baby laying across the bottom of my belly. It has been good in one sense as I havent had indigestion or kicks to the ribs or a sore pelvis... gotta look at the positives! Oh and having a c-sect means my fan belt stays in tact LOL

Relle....I reckon you could be right.....I say you are having a girl, and me a boy ...I guess I will know what it is for sure in around 15 weeks LOL!

Nette; Can you let us know what you are having when you find out!!!!! LOL at the fan belt!

I've carried low my entire PG too. With the exception of a couple of people, I keep getting told by everyone I'm having a boy. I have no idea what I'm having (sonographer couldn't tell). Hopefully I will find out sometime soon!
    A friend at work is PG with her second baby. She has carried both exactly the same and the first was a boy. She has been told the second is a girl.
    HTH

MG

I will when I get home from hossy (prob next weekend), they are extracting the baby on Tues darl...holy sheet!!!! One more day to get through...

LOL did I get my old wives tale wrong?! I thought I might have... preggy brain doesnt store info correctly these days!

Ally - atleast the way you are carrying your baby this time is more comfy!

LOL Veronica!! I dunno....The whole thing confuses me anyhows LOL.. There are so many contradictions, even searching the net! You are right a god send that its more comfy, just feels wierd LOL.

Netty; Of course...I read your thread cs....Good luck, will be thinking of you!! I cant wait to read your birth story too. xx

Fire Fly Guest

Funny how everyone carries differently hey. I carried small with Dd and didnt show for agers. I never got any excess fluid or fat, i was just all bub and i think carried up high. I dont know where she fit cause she was 9pd.
    DS i balloned out straight away and carried high. I soon lost all the bloating and then once again was just all bub.
    This one seems to be carrying low and again im hardly showing. Interesting to see if its a girl.