Thread: Swelling Already?

Default Swelling Already?

I am getting a bit of fluid retention in my feet etc and a bit in my hands at the end of the day - its not hot here at the moment so its not that - this could be a bad thing but it may be just normal yeah? Is any one else getting much of this?

I've been getting a little in my feet if I'm sitting down for too long without my feet up and I believe if you are on your feet all day the same thing can happen and it doesn't mean anything negative. So yes it does happen but mention it at your next appt so they are aware and can monitor if they think its anything to be concerned about

thanks Jaspen - it gets worse if i am on my feet all day but its not that good when i have a long drive or have a desk day either - i try to get up and go for a wee walk as regularly as i can - i can only imagine that it will be worse as i get bigger...

I do a bit too AJ. Some days I have to take my rings off, and my feet kill me to even stand while I'm making tea.

I knew my ears were burning LOL!

Mine were pretty bad at 20wks and increasingly got worse! My Drs & midwives kept checking my BP & urine in case of pre-eclampsia they were that bad! To be honest there was nothing that helped me But I learnt quickly that being on my feet alot made it worse.

I have been getting the same thing - I am at a desk 3 days a week but on some days (does not have to be hot) i will get a swelling in my hands and when i get out of bed in the morning i have a bit in my feet. it goes away after a while for me - does it go for you after a while it does it stay?

Aj from around 15wks + i have massive fluid problems and have just learn to live with it.. Everyday my feet are swollen and it's just horrid.. If you want to see how bad it is give me your email..

I now have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and alot of that is because of the amound of fluid i have..

goodness ok so i have been trying to move round a bit and keep the circulation going - it does seem to get worse progressively through the day - don't want to have to start removing my rings just yet - i have my next appt with the midwife on 28th - BP last week was up slightly but BT came back fine - so yeah will just have to keep an eye on things...

Fletch and Sarah really looking forward to the baloon feet - thanks!!!!