Thread: TMI Needed, Describe thrush to me...

Default TMI Needed, Describe thrush to me...

Ok, I have never had thrush. How do I know if I have it?
    TMI - I have had an itchy fanny (lol love that word) for a little over a week now, no smell, no discharge out of the ordinary, no stinging when I pee etc. Just this itch.
    I am thinking it may be from shaving with a razor the other week & its the re growth but my god! Its not itchy always but if I give in & scratch then its itchy more.
    So does this sound like it could be thrush?

If it was thrush, you would also have this stinging sensation as well as the itch, plus you would have this awful heavy, thick white discharge which looks a lot like ricotta cheese (sorry, but that's the easiest way to describe it). And it does hurt to pee too. I'd say it was just from shaving because I know how itchy regrowth down there can be LOL.

Lorin Guest

I have never had it either! So i can't help you there but i hope some one can Fionajill - Hang in there, there is nothing worst than an itchy fan fan

goldilocks Guest

Sherie is right, the thick clumpy discharge plus itchiness is the best give away. I never got the stinging sensation when peeing though.

I've started taking acidopholous (sp) tablets recently to help with mine...seems to have happened more frequently since becoming pg. They've helped immensely!

A warm bath with salt is also supposed to help!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Quote Originally Posted by sherieb
    plus you would have this awful heavy, thick white discharge which looks a lot like ricotta cheese (sorry, but that's the easiest way to describe it).
    EWWWWW Really!!

I might go & clip all the hair shorter too, maybe thats adding to it. TMI, but my pubic seems alot courser at the moment, maybe its poking me LOL

Yes really LOL. It is one of the most uncomfortable things you could ever have. I got it really bad after I started taking the pill again for some reason. Try washing yourself and dry it really well to get it completely dry and either go for a while with no knickers or very loose cotton ones cause sweating down there can make any itch worse.

I just did a quick grooming job & my gowd vaginas are 10 times uglier when PG!!! All purple & swollen looking!

LMAO

I (embarassingly) use a hair dryer on my bot after a shower, to ensure it's all dry down there.....but be careful to use the low or medium setting as the hot one can be quite hot!
    Maybe get a wax next time rather than shaving too.....
    Good luck!!! Hehehehe.

Actually it is possible to have a bad case of thrush and not have any itching or burning. I had a terrible lot of it (around 32wks and then again in time for bubby to be born! uggghh), and the only way I knew was because of the discharge.

It's gross, but the midwife said it's like ricotta or cottage cheese and sometimes (this is REALLY TMI ewwww) it's greeny or yellowy in colour.

You could ask the GP/your carer if you're worried FionaJill, and there are suppositories you can put up your vagina to clear it up. You're just not meant to use the applicator (Canestan one-step) cause they worry inserting the tablet too high might irritate your cervix.

Cotton nickers are also a must; and I believe cranberry juice is supposed to be a good natural healer.

All of my nikkers are cotton. I only buy the cheap cotton 10 packs from BIG W LOL..
    Like I said the only thing different is the itching. No yukky discharge (well not thats not normal for me)
    I will give it till my next check up & if its still an issue then I will ask about it.

omg i HATE thrush , haaaate it , I had it so bad , it was so embarrasing because the midwife felt the need to bring in all her midwife friends to make sure it was thrush when she checked me out.. hehe.. i have no shame after that day
    Anyways , to answer your question its like everyone else has mentioned , it might not sting when you pee ( mine didnt ) but the discharge is impossible to miss and really unpleasant..
    Hopefully the itching is due to your " professional shaving job " heheh
    Speaking of which , I need to find courage to go for a brazilian before the birth.. hmm

sorry to be picky... but suppositories go into the anus, pessaries are what's put into the vagina.

BW

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior
    sorry to be picky... but suppositories go into the anus, pessaries are what's put into the vagina.

BW

Sorry BW....having a stupid mummy brain moment! Should have double-checked what I posted....it sounded wrong when I typed it but pessaries escaped my mind at that moment!

Lorin Guest

I am so glad i have never had thrush before, you making me feel ill with all this discharge talk, now i will also know what to look out for if i come around to getting this revolting thrush

Ouch.. dont think you have it.. Ive had it prior to being pregnant and its terrible.. stings when you pee and feel like you have to pee all the time when its only a trickle.

I found baths work well for any discomfort you have down with your hoo haa, like Goldilocks said, with a bit of salt.