Thread: Travel Sickness - it's back!!

Default Travel Sickness - it's back!!

In my first trimester I got severe travel sickness (had all day sickness but worse when travelling in the car or train). By the time I came back to work after the Chrissy break it was mostly gone with the odd day where I was a bit out of sorts but now it is back.

I can try my Travel Calm tablets again but I just wanted to ask what can I do for my GTT test??

For some odd reason I am having a GTT every 6 weeks so this is my second one. The first wasnt too bad as I drove in and it was when I was feeling better anyway but this time I will be catching the train (so I can go to work afterwards) and for those who don't know the difference between a GCT and a GTT the test is 2 hours after fasting for the night. The only thing that makes me feel better when I get off the train is lemonade and something small to eat which I obviously cannot have the day of my test. Not being able to eat before I leave home isn't going to help either I dont think..... so any suggestions??
    Do you think I could try taking the ginger tablets before I leave home or does that kind of defeat the purpose??
    Thanks

Have you tried those wrist bands you can get from chemists?

they say if u need to take tabs when u r having the gtt, to take them with only a small amount of water. but ring the midwives to double check. i'd say take the tab as soon as u get up and the wrist bands really do work too so try them. hope the test goes well and u dont have GD

smudgies mum, I found my morning sickness kicked in when I had to do a trip in the car, and was always worse when I was in the car too. I got the wrist bands that the girls are talking about, they're called Seabands, I got them from the chemist for about $20. I would actually wear them all day. They say you have to wear both of them to get the maximum benefits from them, and I think you have to put them on about half an hour before getting in the car.
    DD even got in on them and we now have a set for her to wear if she is starting to feel a little car sick, though I think her's is more a sympathy sickness

Goodluck

Nic

I totally forgot about my Seabands, I bought them when I first had MS and have put them away now. I didn't think to use them yesterday but next time.

I ended up driving in to save the sicky feeling from the train, but boy was I sick and dizzy after the drink!!! This is the second GTT I have had and I didn't react like that the first time.

Thanks guys.