Thread: Tummy pains

JoJo Guest

Default Tummy pains

I'm 14 weeks pg and currently getting continual stomach pains and some sharp stabbing pains here and ther. Not too painful but definitely there and I was wondering if anyone else is having/has had anything similar. I rang my OB and he didn't seem to concerned but said to come in if they don't go away. But I am seeing him next week and don't want to go in unnecessarily. Any thoughts?

Hi Jojo
    I would say that itís normal. Your uterus is growing very quickly now and the pains you are feeling is all the ligaments stretching. If it becomes too uncomfortable you can take panadol. Often just a hot pack can give lots of relief.

I have been having similar sharp pains...Alan is right though its everything moving. i am really noticing a day by day change atm at 17 weeks.

JAc

yep, had the same thing, just stretching of all the muscles etc. Has all cleared up now, replaced by a whole new set of pains! oh joy

Hi All
    I have also been getting tummy pains from one side of my belly to the other just below my bellybutton. I had them one night last week for a few hours and have woken up this morning with the same pain...
    Would this also be ligament stretching or could it be something else?

I have had pains due to growth, but not really stabbing ones. The only stabbing pains i've had were relateds to wind!! lol
    Hope they go away for you!!

Bess Guest

My pains almost feel like my old period pains and can feel quite low down. By the fact that the baby is sat on my urinary tract and I am actually finding it difficult to pee, I think it is low down. But do pains happen low down like that? Otherwise, I have had no pains and actually started to get concerned, with morning sickness gone, if I am still pregnant!

No m/s? lucky you!!!
    My pelvis gets quite sore when i've been on my feet a few hours, and also my back, but apart from the above mentioned, nothing major!
    I wish my M/s would go away!!!

JoJo Guest

Thanks all. Feel a little better knowing others get the same pains....god so much to worry about all the time, I feel a little neurotic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bess View Post
    My pains almost feel like my old period pains and can feel quite low down. By the fact that the baby is sat on my urinary tract and I am actually finding it difficult to pee, I think it is low down. But do pains happen low down like that? Otherwise, I have had no pains and actually started to get concerned, with morning sickness gone, if I am still pregnant!
    Bess - i had period like cramps as well. But, all was good.

hi
    i saw this thread and have a related q. i am having pains now too but they feel like a stomach ache. is this normal? i am 25.5 weeks and was wondering if these were growth pains.

Sarak
    Could they be BH?

i was wondering if they were BH but had no idea what they were meant to feel like so i assumed they were stretching pains?

17mummy2b Guest

in the 1st trimester i had really bad wind pain. but now the pains i feel are about stretching i think. not sure but hope its normal... as this is my 1st. i also have hip and back pain. does any1 else have that?

I have really bad hip and lower back pain and have been getting bad cramps for the last two days but no bleeding. I think im getting stabbing pains in my kidneys but not sure I don't see any blood in my urine and its not hard to pee or anything Im hoping its everything moving around sort of pain and now UTI Ive never had one so not sure?

Anyway yes I get period pain like cramps and stomach pains. I get bad stabbing pains esp around my appendix I think a lot of these are related to digestion and stretching uterus I hope they go away soon for you