Thread: Twin advice

JoJo Guest

Default Twin advice

Hi, i'm just on 15 weeks pg with twins and they are my first bubs so i was hoping someone may be able to give some advice. I am just starting to look for baby stuff and pretty overwhelmed by everything let me tell you

I was wondering if anyone can share some 'twin tip advice' on things such as; whether to purchase two cots, are breast pumps useful if having twins, what else should I initially look at buying, things that worked for you etc etc

Also wondered if anyone knew some good spots to buy any second-hand stuff relative to twins. I see alot of things but usually I need two of everything and ebay is tricky as I can't get alot of the stuff sent.

We are in a weird predicament where we are moving from Perth to Canberra 8 weeks before EDD so I need to purchase most things in Canberra or nearby.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Jo

sorry i cann't help with advice about twins - i've never had any. but i just wanted to wish you luck. there are a couple of baby shops in canberra 'mum's and bubs' (which has recently changed it's name to something else, cann't remember what, and ownership) and 'babyco' are probably the biggest two - they should both have websites. be warned though, they do seem to be rather expensive. the internet might be a better option if you can arrange for the delivery to arrive after you have moved.

hope i have helped a little.

congrats on twins
    best advice from one twim mum to another to be, is to join your local MBA in Perth first and also in Canberra. They not only have ante natal nights for info, but also second had stuff advertised in their monthly magazing. They can also put you in touch with mummas to be in the same situations
    Take it easy whilst you can and accept all offers of help!!!
    if you want any questions asked or anything, feel free to post again. We have a twin thread going in the parenting section, and there you will find heaps of us with our hands 'doubly full' (although some days it feels like there is 10 of them - lolol)
    take care and good luck
    odette

Hi JoJo,

Iam a Twin mummy as well to 20 mth old boys. How exciting for you. My boys were born 6 weeks early. My best advise is this. If you can get some I totally recommed the High chairs that recline back and are on wheels ( I bought the prima pappa ) that way you can push them around the house with you. I also recommend a Twin Mountain Buggy Pram it was the easiest to move around. I have my boys in their own cots and mine went straight on the bottle. Just remember that 2 is twice the fun. Good Luck.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratulations on being doubly blessed
    I got a breast pump because one wouldn't BF at first (1 month prem) but later he did- that can wait until you find out if you need it or not.
    We slept both in one cot for ages but had two.
    I agree with Odette -join the local Multiple birth club -our club advertises twin (2) stuff for sale all the time.
    You can also find the AMBA (Aust mulitple birth site) has lots of info - and how to find your closest club (in Canberra) google it as we can't post links.

I have Valco twin runabout and though a little heavy I love it.
    We didn't get highchairs til later as well -they don't start eating till 6 months or so - so you can keep your eye out after you move.
    Goodluck

JoJo Guest

Thanks everyone, greatly appreciate it. will definitely join the Multiple Birth groups.

Very excited but also a bit overwhelmed...phew so long to go really but i'm sure it will come very very quickly :-)

Hey jo jo im also a twin mummy to identical twin girls who are nearly 2. It is a very scary and overwhelming time i found out i was having twins at 20weeks i was so shocked and scaredx that i wasnt going to be able to share my time with them both so one wouldnt feel left out. I was petrified i was going to be poor and not gonna have anytime to myself. But the twins were born at 36weeks both healthy but tiny you will eventually need 2 cots and 2 of everything but having twins amazing. watching them interact and talk baby talk to each other that only they understand. Its truely amazing. Yes it is hard and you have to learn to be strong person as youll have alot to do and ull always be busy i love my twins so much and you'll soon see why your so blessed. Goodluck jojo you have an amazing experience ahead of you.