Thread: Twinges in belly

Default Twinges in belly

Hi All,

Hope I'm not being too much of a hypochondriac (sp), but just wanted to check if anyone else had felt anything similar (I see stabbing pains across belly is listed among 2nd trimester symptoms)...

All weekend, I've been getting mild stabbing pains (more discomfort than pain) on the lower right side of my belly, coming and going, sometimes once every few minutes, other times I won't feel it for hours. It's not painful at all, just like a little twinge in my tummy.

I had my 12 weeks scan week before last and everything was fine, and I've had nothing else to get worried about (i.e. no spotting or anything), and I don't want to go rushing off to my OB or dr everytime I have the slightest twinge!!

Does this sound normal? Do you reckon this is just bubs letting me know it's there and growing? Just curious if anyone else has felt anything like this and can put my mind at rest

Bertie

I have had similar twinges across my belly and mine where from all the stretching and growing happening down there. You should probably just call your dr's office and speak with him just for your own peace of mind, but they generally say a bit of twinges are ok, so long as there is no spotting aswell..

Hi Bertie,

I can't really be much help, but I have had similar twinges (and I'm also trying not to worry about them!) so it's not just you

Default reply

Sweetie you're not being a hypercondriact at all, everytime I got a movement I practically called the OB(poor guy)!
    As ****ie as it sounds, they are growing pains, you'll notice at certain times like you said it happens and then later you won't get them then again then they die down again.(does that make sense)?

When bubs is out you'll understand, just as they have growing spurts out of you they have them in also. Hope I helped.xx O

PS if u r really concernd call OB, after all that's what they are paid a **** load of money for! YES.

Hi Bertie,
    I don't think you are being a hypochondriac! It is very natural of us to worry when we feel any sort of pain, or think that something could be wrong when we are pg.
    However, from what you are describing, it sounds very much like the pains that you get from your uterus stretching to accomodate your growing bubba.
    Maybe you should also bring it up at your next Dr's appt, just for your own peace of mind as well though

Custardtart Guest

I had exactly the same thing for about three months, every day. It's most likely muscle and ligament stretching and warping around the baby. Mine stopped at about 20 weeks.

Kerrie

I agree with the others that it could be the ligaments stretching for baby. It could also be Braxton Hicks contractions. I had some at the 12 weeks scan but couldn't feel them then.

Thanks girls,

My 'twinges' seem to have died down since the weekend, although they still come and go a bit, but only very faintly...
    I reckon they must be 'stretching' - all good if it means bubs is growing (so far I haven't seen much evidence of this!!)

I won't worry about them unless they get worse or anything else happens.

Nice to know I'm not alone though!

Cheers,
    Bertie x