Thread: Twins anyone

Default Twins anyone

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been here for a while. Apologies for that. I had been pretty miserable for a while, not being able to fall pregnant, but finally the 7th IVF cycle has worked and I am going to be a mummy of twins

Is there anybody else expecting twins? Today is my first appointment with the hospital so am very excited about it.

xx

Max no twins here, just wishing you goodluck!

wow that is great news congrats

Thanks so much for the well wishes DANNIM and Bettyboop.

Best regards,

Hi Max,

First of all congatulations on the pregnancy!
    I am also pregnant with twins - mine are due early Nov.
    Hoping all went fantastically at your appointment yesterday.
    Look forward to chatting more and comparing twin pregnancies.

Just wanted to say Congrats on the Twins, that is great!

I am 15 weeks and haven't had any scans yet, so it could be twins...doubtful though as it's not in either of our families.

Congratulations Max!

I am 19 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins, it is very exciting Hope everything went well at the hospital!

Shan

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Shannon22 - it is great to hear that you are having twins also after going through so many IVF cycles. I know IVF is a very hard process and that is great that it has finally worked for both of us. Have you put on much weight at all? I have out on about 4 kilos and my stomach is sticking out quite a bit.

ATryingTime - Great to hear that you are also having twins. Isn't it amazing what we go through to have children. Have you put on much weight? Any tips or advise you would like to give me.

I met with the midwives yesterday and she told me to take Calcium and Iron tablets. Also she advised that to make sure to eat healthy as bubs will be taking all the nutrients. I am not a very healthy eater so it is very hard for me. But I am trying my best.

Are you ladies going to find out what the sex of the babies are? I would love to find out, so I am going to try and find out in my next scan.

mummamichelle - when do you go for your scan? If you want twins, I will have my fingers crossed for you.

Take care and speak soon.
    xx

Mummy2twins Guest

Hey!

Im not having twins, but obviously from my username i have had twins before

I only wanted Maccas and junk food in the boys pregnancy, and thats all I ate! I barely ate anything healthy and I still only gained 5kilos (after a week after birth) and the boys were 6lbs 1oz and 5lbs 8oz at 36.2 weeks gestation. So excellent sizes!!

I think keeping up your water is a big thing, I didnt and I got massive massive fluid retention. I could barely bend my legs by the end of it and at the end of pregnancy I had put on over 40 kilos, which all but 5kilos went within 7 days from birth.

Twins are just a miracle, a blessing to have, and I honestly didnt realise this until recently, when my boys have started hugging, sleeping together and just having a bond no other siblings or children could have together.

They are very hard in the first 6 months or so, but my advice is to be prepared. Always have bottles (if you b/f) and nappies and everything ready - before they want it. Having two babies screaming is so hard on you emotionally and having the bottles ready before they start getting super hungry is a way to combat that.

Any more questions about twins, or pregnancy with twins ill be more than happy to answer for you

Thanks so much for your reply Mummy2twins. I think I am more scared of the thought when the babies start to walk...and keeping an eye on them constantly. I have 2 dogs who we adore so much and are like our babies at the moment, so looking after 4 kids will be hard, but I am sure I will be able to get through. I am a very organised person, so I hope I do use some of these skills to juggle all the work.

It is so nice to hear about your boys hugging, etc...so cute...it just melts my heart.
    Thanks so much for offering to answer any twin questions we have in future. Appreciate all your help.

xx