Thread: ultersound

Default ultersound

I had my scan today and as you can see i am 19weeks and 3 days along, going by my scan done at 13 weeks. they guy who did the scan said by mesurments i am only 18 weeks along and that i have to go back in 3 weeks for another scan so if baby is growing properly.
    I was wondering if this is happened to anyone else?
    thanks

Janet Guest

Dating scans become less effective and correct the later in pregnancy they're done. So dating now when the variation of what's normal is far wider is not going to be very accurate - not that dating scans are ever particularly accurate True IUGR (intrauterine growth retardation) can only be judged really by the same operator, doing the same measurements over a significant period of time. It sounds to me though like your babe is growing perfectly to their own timetable. We never know how long gestation will last because each baby grows to their own timetable, we only know that anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks is a normally cooked baby. And since each of us varies in size, and babies even more so, there is no real way to judge how large or how pregnant someone ought to be, yk? Sounds like you're on track to me

mizzsocial Guest

I was told its normal to be measuring anywhere from 14days ahead, to 14 days behind.. which is why its not much of a big deal if a woman goes into labor at 38 weeks??

Im sure its all ok..they usually just want to be certian which is why they are asking you back for another scan.. at least you only have to wait 3 weeks.