Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwire Bras

LizzysMum Guest

Default Underwire Bras

Can anyone tell me when you should stop wearing an underwire bra?

Thanks,

Most people recommend around 4-5 months i think= as they can stop milk production in your ducts which starts early and you can prevent mastitis etc. Its also a comfort factor i guess - I was uncomfortable at about 4 months so went straight to maternity then. Good luck!

I was going to say when you were uncomfortable! First time for me I went too long before moving into Maternity bras. This time I was in maternity bras at about 8 weeks.

I would agree with Tan, 4-5 months. However, I was in mat bras from 6 weeks as my bbs were so sore that I had to sleep with a bra on. So I went out and brought two cheap mat bras in my normal size. I'll probably get some more in the later stages when they fill with milk.

last time i wore underwire right up til the birth - i had a really large "E" cup though and really needed the extra support. when i was breast feeding i stuck mainly to maternity due to access problems, but i just could not get a bra supportive enough in maternity. (which sucks as the maternity bras i did have cost around $100 each).

I had heard that underwires were bad for you so i went and got some mat bras at about 10 weeks, so far they are still fitting and reasonably supportive too (I am a 10D - normally but lady recommended I get a 12D so it will grow with me and it still fits with room at back now).
    I have found them more comfy, though much less attractive!!!!

You girls are giving me a really bad conscience. I am almost 34 weeks and still in my normal bras. I did have to go up a size, but they are actually still really comfortable. I bought 2 maternity bras (another size bigger so that they'll fit when breastfeeding), but wasn't planning on wearing them until bub is here.
    I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I always make sure that the bras are not too tight around my chest, so maybe that's why they're still comfy.

I started wearing them last time from about 14 weeks.... and im still wearing them. I soooo miss my underwires tho..... maternity ones just dont give me the right look and support i loved so much with the wires!

Kim, I'm sorry I just had to comment on your siggie. Did I understand it right? You're already in your second trimester and your first bub is only 4 1/2 months old? So you must have conceived 7 weeks after giving birth. Is that right? I'm just in shock! You must be sooo fertile!!!

LOL... ur read 100% right sunshine!! I did indeed fall preg again when my DD was that young. People joke my DH must just say PREGNANT or looks at me and i fall pg!! I dunno whether its a good or bad thing being so fertile but all i can say we are over the moon our 2 tikes will be so close in age. There will be a 10.5-11 month max in age gap!

I think most of my friends who have had kids already would be surprised that you let hubby anywhere near you so quickly after delivery. But maybe he did just look at you...

Congratulations!

I let him after 3 weeks!!! lol...

Hi All,

Did you all get your first maternity bra fitted professionally? Is this what i should be doing? I am 15 weeks so was thinking of getting rid of the underwire soon, even though the bras are still fitting fine. If I am a 12B normally, what size maternity bra should I get and how long will it last. I can't see myself getting too big, they are still the same size.Should I spend a lot or am I just paying for the name. I really have no clues here!!!

thanks
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I got my first ones at about 10 weeks mainly for comfort sake. I'm normally a 14C and went up to a 16C so I would have room in the back. I imagine they will fit for quite a bit longer unless I have some DRASTIC boob growth! Who knows! One was $40 - Loveable brand and I got a cheap $20 one from KMART which is quite good too. Just black and white to suit most clothes - they don't look too bad!

You should get it fitted properly. I went to Myer and got them to do it there. I went from a 12B up to a 14B. Because they have about 7 sets of hooks at the back, they can move with you a fair bit.

noobie Guest

Default Small maternity bras?

Do maternity bras come in all sizes? I am four months pregnant and have just grown into a B cup for the first time in my life (I'm 30 so it's been some wait)! I have hovered near the maternity bra section but I'm a bit worried that I don't have anything to fill them with yet! I'm not sure whether to invest in maternity bras or keep buying standard bras as I keep growing (my mum is a DD so what if I catch her up?) ;-)

Any advice from any other girls new to having a cleavage would be appreciated. ;-)

I'm not by any stage small - usually a 12 DD, currently 14F! but there's really no need to get a maternity (ie drop cup or feeding bra) until you have had the bub - you could just get yourself some soft cup bras for now (which would definitely come in your size) and worry about the feeding bra later. Having said that, I'm very sure you can get them in your size - not everyone is cursed with bazookas (as I call them) and in my experience it is actually harder to find larger cup sizes, even in maternity bras, than smaller ones (ie I can't buy a maternity sports bra in my size!)

I went to Myer this morning to get fitted for my maternity bras...I'm 23 weeks.

I was really surprised to go from a 14DD to a 18DD!!! I would have never picked that size for myself!!! Must say it's not something I would want to advertise!

I bought the lovable brand...$39.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast